DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling: Genesis Spoilers for 1/26/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Davey Richards def. Andrew Everett
*Taped for Xplosion: Laurel Van Ness def. Deonna Purazzo
*Taped for Xplosion: Eli Drake def. Mahabali Shera
*Taped for Xplosion: Robbie E def. Marshe Rockett

TNA Impact Wrestling: Genesis - Airing January 26, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*The Broken Hardys(c) def. Decay & The DCC to retain the tag team championships. Coming out of Race for the Case, Jeff Hardy has the World Title Shot

*Drew Galloway(c) def. Moose to retain the Impact Grand Championship

*Rosemary(c) def. Jade in the Monster's Ball match to retain the knockouts championship. Both were busted open and they used a table, barbed wire board, and thumbtacks. After the match, Gail Kim came out to check on Jade.

*DJ Z(c) def. Andrew Everett, Caleb Konley, Marshe Rockett, & Trevor Lee to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Trevor Lee attacks DJ Z's leg with a steel chair.

*Lashley def. Eddie Edwards(c) in a 30 Minute Ironman Match to win the TNA Worlds Heavyweight Championship

Can't wait to see Jade vs. Rosemary and the Iron Man match. 

With Rosemary, Gail, Jade, Allie, Sienna, Maria, Laurel Van Ness, a returning Angelina and Brooke, and Alexis Naveah, it looks like they're stacking the division again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Can't wait to see Jade vs. Rosemary and the Iron Man match. 

With Rosemary, Gail, Jade, Allie, Sienna, Maria, Laurel Van Ness, a returning Angelina and Brooke, and Alexis Naveah, it looks like they're stacking the division again. 

Looking forward to both matches a lot as well. Ironman should be great. Thinking the Monsters Ball will end up on the previous weeks episode but I'll leave it here for now. Would love to see Alexxis become a regular, big fan of her for years when she was in WSU, looks like a potentially great division for sure.

51 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Forgot to mention Deanna Parazzo as well, I think she's got potential.

Rosemary and Allie seems like a natural feud down the line. Those two would be great playing off one another. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Forgot to mention Deanna Parazzo as well, I think she's got potential.

Rosemary and Allie seems like a natural feud down the line. Those two would be great playing off one another. 

I think Deonna is awesome, she's wrestling everywhere like the hottest free agent. Recent appearances in NXT, TNA, and ROH then headed to Japan later this month.

• Like 1

Good show. Ironman match was pretty great with a big time feel. Have enjoyed most of their matches throughout their feud and Lashley's last title reign was one of my favorites so looking forward to him back on top. Rosemary rules and took some brutal bumps in the Monsters Ball. The actual finish almost felt lesser compared to the thumbtacks and barbed wire board, but good stuff throughout. Great Hardys stuff as usual, loved Jeff not challenging for the X title so not to feed the spot monkey addiction. Seemed odd that Galloway was randomly back to his old music now, both are good but I preferred his more recent theme.

Rosemary/Jade was real good for a Monsters ball. Rosemary is nuts taking some of the moves that beat Abyss in similar matches. It's a shame that Gail Kim had to come out and try and steal the spotlight like she usually does in good knockouts matches that doesn't involve her. Rest of the show was ok. Lashley is so above everyone else in the company it's not even funny. The complete package. Hope he's done with Edwards now.

• Like 1

Went into this expecting Rosemary/Jade to steal it but Lashley/Edwards was phenomenal and the best thing on the show. Still enjoyed Monster's Ball though and it did a lot to continue getting Rosemary over and planting seeds for the inevitable Gail feud. 

Lashley/Edwards though-- they really kicked it into gear the last ten minutes and made it seem special. Also, glad they didn't go with the Davey turn at this point because it would have been too predictable at this point. 

• Like 2

I'll get the one negative out of the way.  Caleb Konley has been around and has proven to be pretty good as the smug heel.  So it was sad to see him do moves but without anything that made him seem special.  I'm hoping they can establish more of what made him pretty good before TNA.

Really enjoyed the ironman, Lashley's ways to arrogantly kill time where pretty damn great.  He was so great at it even the crowd was getting into him (look at them, they were dancing and everything, it was great)  I liked Eddie as champ and glad he had it, but Lashley's the guy you want on top.  Between him as champ and Hardys as tag champs I think they might have a solid year after all.

• Like 1

Konley is shockingly indie in that he just does a bunch of moves that seem like they make sense. Not a whole lot of storytelling there. And even his execution isn't consistent. 

I'm going to try to check out the iron man and monster's ball. 

On 1/9/2017 at 0:53 AM, zev said:

The shriek near the end of this video sounds just like the one near the beginning of Coheed and Cambria's "The Crowing". Huh. (For some reason it's clipped off the Youtube uploads, so don't go running there to check it. ;P)

I want to echo the love for Rosemary and Jade here, too.

Not sure what made me happier: Rosemary and Jade beating the hell out of each other or Lashley winning his belt back.

TNA is making excellent booking decisions.  Why does this frighten me beyond rational thought?

• Like 2