DVDVR Message Board

The All Purpose Comics Industry News Thread

The Unholy Dragon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alan Grant has passed. Many a good yarn was written by him. His most mainstream stuff was probably 2000AD and a nice run with Bbatman at DC where he creaed Anarky with Norm Breyfogle

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, J.H. said:

Alan Grant has passed. Many a good yarn was written by him. His most mainstream stuff was probably 2000AD and a nice run with Bbatman at DC where he creaed Anarky with Norm Breyfogle

James

MudPack is probably my favorite of the Grant/Breyfogle Batman stories that sticks out as one of my favorites.  I also enjoyed the fun he had with Lobo and The Demon.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Didio said DC was always profitable. Counts even for one of their lowest periods before the nu52 reboot. I'm not sure so much post Didio but Jim Lee said they are awhile ago. They cut down on lower selling characters and pushed more Bat titles.

Post DCOIE starts up the next relaunch attempt with more better selling known characters and maybe new No.1s.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I put un tje Anime thread in the TV section, Leiji Matsumoto has passed awzy from heart failure at the age of 85. A disciple of Dr. Osamu Tezuka, he was posdibly the mostvingluential mangaka of the 70s along with Go Nagai. Yamato, Captain Hatlick and Galaxy Express 999 remain part of Japanese popular to this day.

He ranks in my top 5 mangaka of all time and I will miss him as only a fan can.

James

• 1 month later...