DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

On 4/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, Chaos said:

I've almost bought Abzu a couple of times, so I'm excited to get to play that thing. The video I've seen of that game is gorgeous.

Just checked screenshots and trailer.  This looks unbelievable and I'm very excited to get this now.

I am all about Type:Rider. I wanted to play Typoman, but I never got a WiiU, so this looks like it will fill in nicely.

I'm ready for Abzu, too.

I quite hated Tales From the Borderlands, but lots of people liked it quite a bit. 

On 25/04/2017 at 6:19 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

So I (and some others I guess) had trouble with this due to demand causing ARS Technica to spit out duplicate keys. I didn't want to say anything until I'd gone through GOG support... and as usual, they came through.

I've had to deal with GOG support three times over the years and they are pretty much the only tech support on earth I've ever found well informed and actually capable of resolving issues on the first try. There are a ton of businesses that could take a page from their book on that front.

• 2 weeks later...

God Dammit - I am going to suffer through Watch Dogs aren't I? JT warned me but I didn't heed it.

And another AC game from my pile of shame is now backwards compatible.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit - I am going to suffer through Watch Dogs aren't I? JT warned me but I didn't heed it.

And another AC game from my pile of shame is now backwards compatible.

If you're going to skip an AC game, this is the one.  It's still a terrific game, just not AS terrific as the others.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Why, man?  Why?  Just redbox the sequel and pretend the first game does not exist.

I'm going to do my best to resist downloading Dragon Age, but I will probably fail.

I also need to remind myself not to sleep on Phantom Dust.

Oh trust me - Dragon Age popping up too doesnt help.

Because I know I will play it again and you know that will take me to Dragon Age 2

I probably need to see a therapist

• Like 1

Watch Dogs does have some issues, pretty much the same ones every UbiSoft open world game has: bland protagonist/story, wonky car handling, too many side missions/mini games/collectables instead of story missions.  But overall it's fun.

FYI Marvel Heroes Omega is now available on PS4 and XB1.  It's a F2P game in the vein of Ultimate Alliance.  Looks pretty fun but I have no idea how bad the paywall is.

• Like 2

I liked Watch Dogs well enough but the reasons Neil mentioned were hard to get past.  I'm looking at the second one but with a few quality games coming out (plus ones I'm working on now) there's no way I can get it for quite some time.

But I'm down or Marvel Heroes Omega, can't go wrong with a free game.  Unlike some mobile games I'm never tempted to buy extras on PS4 so I should be good.

• Like 1