DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

23 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Playstation is really making it hard for me to justify keeping my PSN sub for the PS3 until I get a PS4

You do know you can "buy" the PS4 games now and they'll all be waiting for you to download once you get the 4, yes?

Yes, and I've been doing that on stuff that I'm interested in.

But there's been pretty much shit for PS3 for a while.

Although with how much I play the Neo Geo Windjammers, I'm sure as hell picking up Disc Jam.

DISC JAM!!! YESSSSS!!!

So they're basically doing the same thing Rocket League did by debuting as a free game. I missed out on free Rocket League, but it was still worth the $20. I don't think I'll pass up on free Disc Jam.

I basically love anything Windjammers or like Windjammers, so I'm thrilled about Disc Jam.

I would be more excited about Tearaway and Severed, but I played them on Vita and found them to be not very engaging, sadly. 

I'm absurdly excited for Disc Jam so hell yeah I'm getting that!  Playing the beta I can't say I'm that good at it but it's still so damn addicting.

Once I get better I'll gladly do online matches with any of you folks, even if I end up a jobber in them..

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least this means Revelations will be backwards compatible now

And I guess I will download Walking Dead - even though I still haven't played Season One... nor do I watch the show...

You aren't missing much with the TV show. GTA Trevor's in it now, but only for about five minutes every four weeks. I strongly doubt you'd lose anything from doing season two of the game without doing one first (having only done the first one myself).

That sort of lineup is why I didn't bother renewing my PS+ for this year.  I had it for two years and I think I kept maybe 5 or 6 of the titles, the others were played for about 10-15 minutes and deleted. 

(Though oddly I still have the PS+ version of Driveclub that is playable)

• Like 1

Man, that lineup is hot garbage for PSN+. What the fuck happened with that service? PSN+ was so awesome during the PS3 era and now it's just a whole lot of crap. Every now and then you'll get a Rocket League or Disc Jam on it, but for the most part, I don't even bother. And I would drop PSN+ if you didn't need it to play games online.

I think it is because

1) PS+ is needed to play online, so why bother making the "free" games any good? 

2) PS4 is still outselling the XB1, so there isn't a big need to have AAA (or even A) games in there to sell systems.

3) It inflates the download numbers of these indie games that they're trying to promote as a major part of the PS4 library.

4) The major publishers don't want to give away their games for free.  But really, with how much DLC games have now, why not?  A good example is Battlefront.  That game is on sale every week or two for $5-10 for the base game.  They should just throw it up on PS+ because they would have a ton of people downloading it and then buying the season pass or DLC packs.

• Like 1

I tend to be a lot easier on the free games than most of y'all, in part because I can't remember the last month I didn't buy enough shit on a weekly or flash sale that my +-only discount didn't reach $5. (hell, I just pre-ordered PaRappa Remastered and saved nearly that much.)  But this feels like kind of a weak month even with Drawn to Death in there, especially after a March that brought us both Disc Jam and an Arc System fighter for PS3.

Playstation Humble Bundle!  It's all THQ Nordic games:

$1 tier: Red Faction (PS2 Classic for PS4), Deponia, Book of Unwritten Tales 2, ArcaniA Complete and Super Dungeon Bros

Green "beat the average" tier: adds Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 (PS2 on PS4? Or is it a full remake?), Legend of Kay Anniversary (both PS3 and 4), and Battle Worlds Kronos

$15 Blue Tier: Your choice of either the PS3 original version or PS4 remaster of both Darksiders games and MX/ATV Encore. Legend of Kay is cross-buy, but the blue tier games you have to pick one.

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

• 2 weeks later...