DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

Kind of an interesting trend to have Steep and OnRush in back to back months.

Steep is one of those games that seemed like it got some hype but just disappeared after release. I think I maybe watched a couple minutes of it on Twitch during its release.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Kind of an interesting trend to have Steep and OnRush in back to back months.

Steep is one of those games that seemed like it got some hype but just disappeared after release. I think I maybe watched a couple minutes of it on Twitch during its release.

I've only put 2 hrs into Onrush because I've been busy, but so far I've enjoyed it way more than I expected.  It's a good game that was farted into the wind, which is how barely six months later it's already been free on both PS4 and Xbox. It's dumb as fuck but I can easily see it joining my "I only have a half hour to game tonight, what should I play?" rotation with Pac-Man CE2 and various fighters.

Amplitude was pretty good but the lack of familiar songs hurt the long-term enjoyment of it all.  When hearing Blink 182's "Rock Show" I still immediately think about the PS2 versions.  I would hope they either have some kind of DLC with licensed songs or it happens with a newer game.  I enjoyed playing Steep when it was in beta and might give it another shot.  But I generally don't play those type of games so I'll see how long it holds my interest.