DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

PSN is running a sale this weekend that seems to have no rhyme or reason, but it's got a to of stuff over 50% off, which I went and picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition for less than the standard edition, so that's nice. 

Every year I say "Playstation Now is a ripoff at full price, but that Black Friday yearly sub is well worth it."  This year they've knocked $20 off THAT, bringing it down to $80/yr.  It doesn't get first party titles on launch day like Xbox Game Pass, but it DOES have a shit ton of great PS3 and PS4 games.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Iconoclasts, kinda bummed that there isn't a PS4 version of Papers, Please to be crossbuyable.  Played through Soma a month or so back for Halloween, it was not my cup of tea but I could see others digging it.  Steins:Gate is the kind of disaster I might not be able to resist experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in my e-mail:

As a reminder, after March 8, 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List prior to March 8, 2019, will still remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member. Beyond March 8, 2019, PlayStation Plus Monthly Games will only include PlayStation®4 (PS4™) titles. All other features and benefits of the PlayStation Plus service will remain unaffected.

• Like 1

The Steam Winter Sale started today, if that kind of thing interests you.  I have enough PC games in my backlog to last me until the heat death of the universe so I'm hoping I can make this 2 sales in a row where I don't buy anything.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Road Redemption is rough but fun as fuck and worth however cheap it is in the PSN sale

I got it on early access on Steam and it did not disappoint. Fun two player split screen game.

Amplitude 2016 was very good, but also showed how much the PS2 iterations of that series relied on familiar songs.  I've had Steep for a year and never put more than 10 minutes into it; it's one of those "I SHOULD be enjoying this, but I can't get excited" kind of games. Zone of Enders HD is two enjoyable PS2 games upscaled and repackaged. Neither will blow you away but both are good ways to spend 8 hours.  I know naught of Portal Knights or either of the Vita games.

• Like 1