DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

No.  They're the same genre but that's it.  

Dead by Daylight is fucking dumb.  If you're the killer, you have to put everyone on hooks.  People can save them from the hooks.  This is so dumb and boring.  Just let me hack up a motherfucker.

In Friday the 13th, you fucking kill people in a variety of horrible ways and they stay dead.  1 dead person gets to play as Tommy Jarvis the super camper if certain conditions are met to call him into the game.  Everyone else just has to wait and regret their life decisions.

Friday the 13th actually has single player content too, which is playing as Jason vs camper bots in regular games, or a challenge mode that kind of feels like Jason is in Haunting Starring Poultreguy but based around murdering people instead of scaring them.

• Like 1

Friday the 13th is one of the most enjoyable multiplayer games I've ever gotten into. I haven't played it in about a year but I've been meaning to jump back in. October +  new user base = this guy jumping back in.

Adding to what Troma said, it's hilarious watching survivor vets toy with a rookie Jason. Conversely, it's the most frustrating thing if you're that rook Jason tho. God damn great game. Too bad it won't get any future add-ons because of the legal BS, as Gun Media was doing a wonderful job supporting it post-release. It really is a thrilling experience to be a counsellor running from Jason. 

This month's Twitch Prime freebies are Darksiders Warmastered, Sanitarium and System Shock 1 Enhanced.  I can't vouch for Sanitarium, but that's a minimum of 2 very good games.  It's also interesting that between SysShock 1+2 and Strife, they've given us 3 of the most interesting FPS experiments of the 90s.

PSN is running a Playstation Exclusive sale.  if you missed out on Ratchet and Clank 2016 when it was free, $10 is a hell of a price for what is still one of the most gorgeous games on the platform AND a fun platform shooter besides.  Other highlights include the Uncharted games ($8 for the 1-3 upscale collection and $10 for 4), all of Housemarque's PS4-exclusive games (Alienation, Resogun, Matterfall) for cheap ($3 for Resogun, $4 for Alienation, $8 for Matterfall), $24 for Nioh and the dated-but-joyous War of the Monsters for $2.50 

• 2 weeks later...

The current Humble Bundle is "WB Classics".  The lowest tier, costing just $1 (minimum) has:

- Scribblenauts Unlimited

- Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition

- Batman: Arkham Origins

FOR A DOLLAR.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/wb-games-classics-bundle?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=WB_Games_Bundle_Live&fbclid=IwAR22930-jYyJwEGAa3k_7R-nP7hqhMeF-5dloy0MwOZpK9p37rR5FimeYSQ

Steam has a Sega sale on.  Good cheap shit: Bayonetta and Vanquish for $6.79, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Yakuza 0 for $13.39, Jet Set Radio for $1.19 and, if you're the kind of person who will spend money on Genesis ROMs rather than download them illegally like I am, the complete 58-game assortment of Genesis games on Steam (which includes a bunch of stuff not in the PS4/XB1 package) is $10.19

There's a Steam halloween sale.

One of the things on sale is Kentucky Route Zero for $12.50. I strongly recommend this course of action if only because when Act 5 comes out you'll get all the changes that come with the console version including pacing changes in a certain cave area that are definitely and extremely appreciated, as well as getting all of the between-act vignettes packed in. So, get it, wait til you see me screaming at the top of my lungs about Act 5 being out, then play it.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that $200 PS4 Spiderman bundle is one of those Universal Black Friday deals because Gamestop has it too.

Now I just need to figure out how to piss off @Dolfan in NYC enough.

God - will that be worth it when I am reviewing the like 108 man battle royal