DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

That can't be right - Super Mega Baseball 2 is only getting released on May 1.

There is no way they can be immediately giving it away for free.

(I mean if it is I will definitely be playing it since I got the first one via GWG too)

WOW, Super Mega Baseball 2 for free already. 

I don't mind paying $30 for it (and again when it gets ported to Switch inevitably), but what a deal for XB1 owners with GWG. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 12:06 PM, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Playstation Plus: Free Games for May 2018

Man, I love King Oddball but it's hard to get excited about free games like that when they've been free on Android for years. Feh.

I honestly haven't gone back since my initial foray with the game because I'm terrified what it will do to my life. It's incredibly well made, a lot of fun, and fucking dangerous. I kept going back to the drawing board trying to correct mistakes I made with previous designs and then I look up at the clock and it's like 3:00 AM. And the whole time I'm thinking "why am I playing a game about the prison industrial complex" and felt incredibly guilty about digital prisoners. I think I have general anxiety disorder or something.

Meanwhile, if you have even a basic bitch laptop or an Xbone, you can be playing Sea of Thieves for $10 a month through Xbox Game Pass. Such a rad deal and it's going to get better with State of Decay 2 dropping next Friday. My friends and I have become entirely addicted to SOT. It's bare bones right now (regularly scheduled DLC starts dropping this month!) but the PvP is the most fun I've had with an online game in forever. I loved Friday the 13th last year, but Sea of Thieves has easily eclipsed it.

• Like 1

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is free right now if you have Xbox Gold. It's not advertised on the Deals category on the console, so you'll have to search for it or get it on the Microsoft website.

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is free right now if you have Xbox Gold. It's not advertised on the Deals category on the console, so you'll have to search for it or get it on the Microsoft website.

There is usually a "Games with Gold" tab right on the main screen - that is how I am usually reminded I need to download the interesting stuff

Just now, Casey said:

It's not on the Games With Gold tab yet, since it doesn't become a part of GWG until tomorrow officially.

Ah - that would explain it

I am debating PP since the price is right but I have never played a MGS game before

Just now, RIPPA said:

Ah - that would explain it

I am debating PP since the price is right but I have never played a MGS game before

I haven't either, but Reddit says the stealth and open world type gameplay is fun, so I don't have much to lose besides uninstalling The Evil Within to make room for this.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Casey said:

I cannot download that game for my XB1.  I played it on my brother's PS4 once and I could feel the controller forming a layer of slime over the thumbsticks whenever there was a cutscene featuring Quiet.

There is a reason why Cortana is designed to look the way (i.e. She is supposed to look vulnerable.  She is an AI damsel in distress.  Your inclination is supposed to be to protect her at all costs.), but there is no clear reason why Quiet should be as sexualized as she is.

Or perhaps I am just being a prude as per my Western morality code upbringing?  Who knows?

On 5/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, J.T. said:

I cannot download that game for my XB1.  I played it on my brother's PS4 once and I could feel the controller forming a layer of slime over the thumbsticks whenever there was a cutscene featuring Quiet.

There is a reason why Cortana is designed to look the way (i.e. She is supposed to look vulnerable.  She is an AI damsel in distress.  Your inclination is supposed to be to protect her at all costs.), but there is no clear reason why Quiet should be as sexualized as she is.

Or perhaps I am just being a prude as per my Western morality code upbringing?  Who knows?

Eh, I don't think it was any worse with Quiet in V than it was for any of the other games except maybe 4, and even then, your mileage may vary with the B&B's.

• 2 weeks later...