DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

For those who like their fighting games weeb as hell and a little outdated, the new Humble Bundle has Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Guilty Gear Xrd (Sign, the original version), Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (I *think* that's the second one?), Arcana Heart 3 and Skullgirls.  And Rivals of Aether which I've never heard of, and Street Fighter X Tekken, which I did not enjoy in 2013 and probably wouldn't now.  I already have all the Arc System games between Steam, PS3 and PS4 and if you're into that style and don't have anything in the set, the top tier of $9 is hard to say no to.

Playstation Plus: Free Games for March 2018

We also have an important service update. Starting next year on March 8, 2019, the PS Plus monthly games lineup will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles. This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to March 8, 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member. Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games lineup beyond March 8, 2019.

PS Plus: Games for March, Additional Service Changes

I think in all the time you guys have been posting the PS games this is the very first time I am jealous I don't have a PS4

(Though I am sure when I finally can afford a PS4 - Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank will both be like $2)

Holy crap, that might be the best PS+ month they've ever had. I'm not even mad that i already own Bloodborne since it's my favourite game of this generation and i can finally stop trying to convince my friends to buy it since its free. I'm happy with Ratchet & Clank and while Might No. 9 got somewhat torn apart I've always wanted to try it and free is the right price to pay.

As someone who owns both of those games, I am simultaneously in awe that two of the very best first-party AAA games are free the same month and pissed that all 6 games either are on PSNow or I own them (Kay from a PS4 Humble Bundle and Mighty 9 from a Steam one)

Ratchet and clank is good. not the most difficult game in the world, but good fun.

Reluctant to try bloodborne, seeing as i can barely get past a mission in nioh. but i suppose i find the weapon to suit playstyle...

7 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Ratchet and clank is good. not the most difficult game in the world, but good fun.

Reluctant to try bloodborne, seeing as i can barely get past a mission in nioh. but i suppose i find the weapon to suit playstyle...

Not to keep banging on about how awesome Bloodborne is (it's awesome), you may find it easier or a lot harder than Nioh depending on what problems you had with it. Nioh is faster paced than Dark Souls but slower than Bloodborne and Bloodborne rewards aggressive play where as you have to be more defensive in Nioh. Bloodborne is also a lot more unforgiving at the start of the game though. I think i probably died more times in the starting area than i did the rest of the game. I would definitely recommend trying it out though and if you don't like it, well, it was free so no loss.

Amazon has AssCreed:Origins on sale for $30.  I'm on the fence about getting it since I haven't beat Syndicate yet, but I enjoyed what I played of Origins more.

3 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

This months Humble Monthly was a bit lame after February's huge bundle. April's headliners are a triple feature of Deus Ex MD, Mafia 3 and God Eater 2.

Well, there is Dark Souls 3 + DLC this month, but yeah, not as good as the last couple months, bit Mafia 3 and Deus Ex next month make up for it.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:44 PM, EVA said:

Cue the speculation that they're ending PS3 and Vita support next year because of PS5.

My guess, based on absolutely nothing legitimate, is if they keep trying to get PSVR to work they will start including one PSVR game each month. So I'd guess four games total, three PS4 (probably one AAAish and two indie games) and a PSVR game. If they did it now people may look at them funny but they can hope to sell enough by next spring that it won't make people made/would be a good promotion.

They will have to do something to match the quality or they will lose a fair number of subs, I know they see the numbers and we don't, but I've read that PS Plus is the only reason some people still play their Vita at all.

OK, so I'm playing Telltale Batman off PS+. I complete season 1, and then when I go to start season 2, it says purchased but not downloaded, and takes me to the download page on PS Store. Which doesn't offer me any options, and says "Installed". But when I try to play beyond season one, it insists it isn't downloaded. What's going on here? I've tried deleting the game and re-downloading the whole thing, and that didn't help. There was an update on Tuesday, was that Telltale bugging it on purpose for some reason?