DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

Humble Rockstar Bundle:

$1 tier is GTA 3 and VC, Manhunt and Max Payne

Green tier (beat the average, which is currently $9.20) is San Andreas, Bully Scholarship, Max Payne 2 and LA Noire 

Blue tier ($15) adds GTAIV with the Episodes, the LA Noire season pass, Max Payne 3 with season pass.

EDIT: Also, Rockstar is donating their entire cut to charity.

So in one month, Humble Monthly has already smoked PS+ for me, so I'll be keeping that, as I've wanted to play Life is Strange and Tacoma and Black the Fall look right up my alley (and I activated the other keys just to have them)

• 2 weeks later...

Man there are just a ton of sales across All The Usual Sites right now, around the Chinese Lunar New Year. I don't remember this being a thing ever before, but it is a good indication of how the global market is changing.

Hey if it means one extra giant sale weekend a year, that's great, thanks China.

This month's PSN Flash Sale is up. Skipping Agents of Mayhem during the Christmas sale has paid off, as it's down to $12.49 with season pass included. Other big names include Final Fantasy 15 for $20 And the Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 (the one that includes the season pass) for $32.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 (the one that includes the season pass) for $32.

Well, shit, now's a very good time to get in on this.  Very excited to play as Ninja Turtles along with whatever other awesomeness this game has.

8 hours ago, assfax said:

Does that game have bullshit last bosses that I'm never going to beat like MK9 or is it more like Soul Calibur where you can rip through with all the characters and see all the endings?

I've never lost more than twice to Brainiac in a Battle Simulator (this game's version of Arcade Mode) run. I think he's definitely easier than MK9 Shao Khan or MK10 Shinnok as arcade bosses, but harder than Injustice 1's Superman boss fight.  It's worth noting that there's a lower-difficulty, lower-reward version of arcade mode that only gives you 5 battles instead of 8 or 12; I've done that pretty much every time after unlocking all the one-time-only rewards on the longer towers.

Yeah, when I got MK9 I'm pretty sure I spent 3 hours beating Shao Khan with Raiden in story mode.  I did the entire MK3 portion of the story overnight a few days before starting my current job and just kept going and going and going and it went from "very night much dark" to daytime between my first and last tries.

Yeah, I will say most of my issue with MK is the fucking block button, where EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME IN THE WORLD just has you hold away.  

Of course, Pizza Parlor OG SF2 Bison says "Fuck you" to every other boss that thinks its hard.

Eh, Soul Calibur has a block button and Tekken just has you go neutral on the joystick to block.  Different games do different shit, and I pretty much enjoy any fighting game to varying degrees.  I never got the block button hate, but the run button in MK3 was fucking stupid.