DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

The Yogscast-curated Jingle Jam advent bundle is up on Humble.  $35 for 24 games revealed one per day, 100 percent to charity. Last year this ended up being a pretty great deal IIRC. 

They also revealed that the Monthly for January 5 has 3 games available early instead of 1: Quantum Break (Jesus how much drive space does that need?), Long Dark and Dawn of War 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit! Gang Beasts is finally on PSN?! Awesome! It's a part of the PSN sale, but no Plus discount. Even still, I'll buy that for $16 instead of $20.

Hitman should be way cheaper. Way fucking cheaper. I'll just get that on Steam.

Damn, that's about all that stuck out to me after this first day of deals. Hopefully there's better stuff to come.

• Like 1

I agree on Hitman's price. I was thinking about picking it up but not for that price.

I remember you posting about Gang Beasts like 2 years ago? And I was so excited then and I'm so excited now to finally play with the buds on Mondays. Looks perfect for just picking up and playing with the homies.

Good idea to pay attention to Humble Bundle, GOG, and Ubisoft. In the last few weeks, I've gotten Watch Dogs, Company of Heroes 2, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag for free. 

There's a PSN bundle of four Telltale games for £9.99 GBP. 3 Walking Deads (1, 2 and Michoone) and Seven Days to Die, whatever that is.

On 16/12/2017 at 10:11 PM, Tabe said:

Good idea to pay attention to Humble Bundle, GOG, and Ubisoft. In the last few weeks, I've gotten Watch Dogs, Company of Heroes 2, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag for free. 

Yes it is definitely worth checking them out. Layers of Fear is currently free for the next day and a bit.

They are on sale on the US PSN as well - the wingsuit one really changes the game a lot, as it turns it into pretty much a jet pack.  The mech one is useful for some of the bigger bases/camps.  I haven't found much use for the boat so far.

On 12/27/2017 at 12:11 PM, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Playstation Plus: Free Games for January 2018

So far, they have only freed the PS Vita version of Psycho Pass. Not sure if the blog post was an error or the non-unlock.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Xbox Games with Gold for January 2018

Xbox One

• The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III (Jan. 1 - 31)
  • Zombi (Jan. 16 - Feb. 15)

Not surprised that they chose the shittiest of the VH games or one of the worst Ubisoft games ever to give away for free.

Games With Gold for XB1 is so hit and miss.  I'm beginning to suspect that releasing Tales From The Borderlands last month was a clerical mistake.

For anyone in the UK wanting XBox Live, Microsoft are currently selling 6 months for £12.49. And if you have auto renewal turned off before redeeming it, they offer you an additional month for turning it on. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/d/xbox-live-gold-membership-digital-code/CFQ7TTC0K5ZM/0003?OCID=AID620866_SEM___EFID_&s_kwcid=AL!4249!3!198090721843!!!g!385208793095!&ef_id=We4umgAAAGjv5kX5:20180115104708:s