DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

HZD is fucking great, highly recommended. I picked up Lost Legacy, had a $10 credit previously so that was rad, also got the season pass for Just Cause 3 for only $5. Might dip in more depending on what my son picks up for Black Friday, he's got $130+ in Toys R Us cards so I told him he could go bananas with it.

I know Horizon is good. I've been renting it occasionally the past few months. I've just been cheap and patient about picking up. I bought it digitally a few hours ago and am downloading it now. Now to decide between Lost Legacy and Persona 5.

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Still undecided if I want to get Madden 18 for $30 or WWE 2K18 for $36.

I haven't played Madden the past couple years, partly since I realized I suck at defense.  But considering the bugs and everything with 2K18 I would get Madden.

And it's a good thing I waited on Horizon, at that price it's impossible for me to pass up on it.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will download Back to the Future because its Telltale and its free but I do seem to remember that the reviews for it weren't great

I got it as a birthday gift last year... never did finish it. It's not terrible but it's not great either. I think it's the first telltale game that came out on consoles, so it's very primitive compared to the more recent ones. 

The first two seasons of Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, and a few other games were all released on the Wii. Possibly other consoles too; I don't know.

I was bummed when they stopped releasing games for the Wii. The Wiimote is the best interface for a point-and-click adventure game IMO. Better than a mouse.

Yeah, at this rate, I'm pretty sure I'm not reupping my PS+.  All the free stuff I've gotten in the past I either don't play anymore, or have the PC Version and I do way more PC gaming than console these days.

I thought about it when my sub expired in October... I think the rare time I play online is what keeps me coming back. But I'm not really much of an online gamer and I play a lot more of those types on PC than PS4, so I don't know why I bother.