DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

On 9/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, J.T. said:

I suppose this goes here.

I despise most fast food restaurants and even I am considering getting one five buck box per week until the end of the promotion in the hope of getting my hands on an Xbox One X,

I just got one to enter and no way am I doing that again.  That "quesarito" is fucking gross.  You're a braver man than me for getting that once a week.

The new Humble Bundle is another Very Positive.  Dollar tier has Neon Chrome, Rive and Dungeon Souls. Beat the Average (currently $6.73) has Ultimate Chickenhorse, Oxenfree and Shadow of effin' Mordor for anyone who has been meaning to get round to it.  $10 gets you Beat Cop (which I have but have never downloaded) and Death Road to Canada.

PSN sales this week are Batman games and Ass Creed.

I liked Gone Home and would definitely get that if I hadn't played it on the PC

I remember being interested in The Turning Test around the time it was coming out so at the price of free - that will be a download

I ended up liking MGSV OK enough by the time I beat it(though the story aspect of it, which is the #1 reason I play MGS games, lacked badly), but it is easily my least favorite in the series. Both from a gameplay, and story perspective.  Just felt super repetitive, and the open world aspect didn't fit that well to me. Sold it soon after I beat it because I knew I'd never go back to it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Is there a reason to play it over V, the only one I've ever had?

I think that it's worth playing if you don't have IV Complete. IV Complete develops the stuff in III (and II and I) to its natural conclusion. V changes things quite a bit, and then VI changes them even more than that. 

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

DMqamKZUQAIaiOX.jpg

Those titles - along with Black - are the first XBOX titles that will be backwards compatible on the XBone

They will be available tomorrow.

Am I the only one a little too excited about playing Fusion Frenzy again?