DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

If anyone isn't aware of it yet (Sorry if its been mentioned in another thread) Humble Bundle has a bunch of Assassins Creed games going for about fifteen bucks right now (in total), i've played one for a half hours once but thats about it, they do intruige me so I bought the whole lot for £12.20.

On 10/01/2017 at 4:11 AM, Tabe said:

You can skip the first and go right to AC2, the greatest game of all-time. 

I have no choice in the matter. I can't play games on a keyboard and mouse, and it appears the XBONE controllers shoulder button don't work on uPlays AC1. Some people have managed to fix it but I can't (can't be too fussed either) but apparently AC2 is working okay with a controller. So i'm going to start with that and go from there.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

I have no choice in the matter. I can't play games on a keyboard and mouse, and it appears the XBONE controllers shoulder button don't work on uPlays AC1. Some people have managed to fix it but I can't (can't be too fussed either) but apparently AC2 is working okay with a controller. So i'm going to start with that and go from there.

Sigh, apparently the right trigger won't work on AC2 either, which sucks because I really, really wanted to get into it, and i'm just not the type to play on a keyboard. 

On 1/18/2017 at 11:19 AM, J.T. said:

Killer Instinct?  Really?  It figures that as soon as I get an XB1, they'd suddenly start to pimp titles for Games With Gold that I have zero interest in playing.

The new KI games are supposedly great. Especially now that they're doing more of the "season content" model.

Its funny, as much as I like the "Free Game" concept and usually DL them, I virtually never play them. I have enough of a backlog of games I picked out/paid for to play, and most of the free games (I have both consoles) are just middling to me. Like if I had literally no games to play, I'd play them, but on the priority scale they are really low.

I've been pretty happy with the PSN selection, but my tastes run more towards the smaller games they've been putting up.  I've also gotten to try quite a few PS3 AAA games that I probably never would have bought otherwise.

There's a PSN flash sale this weekend, lots of stuff for $5 or under.

If I hadn't ordered Tomb Raider DE when I ordered my PS4, I'd be all over that.  As it stands, I'm having a hard time finding anything I want, but I'm also seeing a lot more blue "Purchased" lines than usual on these...so maybe I just have good taste?

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is tons of fun!  It may look cutsey, but the gameplay can be challenging. 

It is definitely a gateway game to get your girlfriend or wife to game join you for console quality time, but be warned the advanced levels can be frustrating.

On 2017-01-24 at 10:22 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I'll never complain about a free Star Wars game. Even a seven year old one. How is that still $20 in their online shop.

Very little seems to actually reduce in price digitally anymore except for short term sales. I laugh to myself every time I see the expansion for XCom1 is still like $30 Canadian 6 years after release.

Shadow Warrior 2013 is 90% off on Steam, both regular and special editions (No point in not going special for one whole extra dollar). I was only moderately interested but at that price, not a lot that can go wrong.

Shadow Warrior 2 was also pricing error'd at 90% off briefly as well but I missed that. It's no "Tropico 4 Special Edition for a quarter", but still, those are always a laugh.

• Like 1