DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2017!

Kevin Wilson

Tenzan once Mongolian chopped a guy so hard that it turned the guy into a pile of snakes. The crowd hisses every time he does one now in hopes that it happens again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here's a question: what feds throughout history in Japan have had the most brutal style but produced the fewest significant injuries? I would have to think BattlArts would be a prime example, unless they have a bunch of injuries I don't know about (besides Ikeda crushing Bob Backlund's face). Can we get some kind of official status on Battlarts in general that confirms it as perfect and immune from all criticism? 

DDT made headlines in Japan today as they announced that as of September 1st the promotion was sold to Cybergent, the company behind the popular (in Japan) blogging platform ameba. They also have their own internet TV channel, AbemaTV which will stream some DDT (and it's offshoots) shows, the first of which will be this Sunday, the 24th.
http://www.ddtpro.com/ddtpro/50767/
https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/AkkG6wRbY1rCJK

Here is a longtime wondering of mine: what is the liquid in the wrapped/covered  bottles Onita would often get post-match (FMW-era)? Usually he would take a slug, pour some over his head, grab the mic, breathe into it, start saying his nemesis' name, yelling and/or crying, put on his satin or denim jacket and eventually take more  swigs and spew and point. Water? Sake? Mineral water? Pokari Sweat? Tears of Baba?

i gots to know,

RAF

I guess NOAH is serious.
11. GHC Heavyweight Title: Eddie Edwards  (c) besiegt Naomichi Marufuji (26:14) mit dem Die Hard Flowsion (1st defense).

Die Hard is his nickname and name of two of his finishers, so it's his Misawa tribute basically. Like the various versions Marufuji's done.

I like Eddie well enough, but never felt a need to see him as the world champ of a major(-ish) promotion.  I know NOAH's not in good shape, but I'd prefer to see the belt on someone more tied to the promotion.  I doubt Eddie's even a big enough name as a gaijin to move the needle.

Here's actual video of the Diehard Flowsion, btw.

It's pro wrestling, roughly 95% of it or more looks that way, find something else to nitpick like a Canadian Destroyer off the top getting 2 counts.

18 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I'd say it's the other way around: at most 5% of stuff in wrestling looks that blatantly cooperative. Typically there's at least the pretense that one wrestler is moving the other wrestler's body.

On almost all lift moves (from suplexes to bodyslams), the opponent noticeably jumps, which doesn't even get into the debate about Irish whips. I agree some moves look too contrived, but a wrestler jumping a bit doesn't bother me, I more shake my head when an opponent has to scoot themselves to a new spot to set up a high flying move or something since that is avoidable.