DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2017!

Kevin Wilson

I rushed to this board as soon as I saw that card to see if people were talking about it yet. Scott Norton in a main event against a guy who, when I google image searched him, was more than once photographed in a flannel vest wielding a hatchet. brother yasshi in a tournament named after Karl Gotch. they need to get Yasuda out of retirement for the next show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I rushed to this board as soon as I saw that card to see if people were talking about it yet. Scott Norton in a main event against a guy who, when I google image searched him, was more than once photographed in a flannel vest wielding a hatchet. brother yasshi in a tournament named after Karl Gotch. they need to get Yasuda out of retirement for the next show. 

it took me 15 minutes to stop laughing at the name of the show LIVING FUNERAL AT REQUEST OF THE PERSON and then when it transpired that the Muay Thai fight on the show features AN ACTUAL 14 YEAR OLD BOY I started off all over again. This is out RIZINing RIZIN. Incredible.

• Haha 1

A little over a month ago:

He takes dives--barely concealed--for what can't be a massive payday, at this point.

Basically his act goes like this - he books a fight. He shows up. He causes a ruckus at the weigh-ins to hype the bout. Then as soon as the fight starts, he takes a light shot or two, goes down, and won’t continue. He has lost 18 of 20 MMA fights and a boatload of kickboxing matches in this fashion over the last 10 years or so.

So, perfect for pro wrestling!

What are they gonna do with all the retired/semi-retired wrestlers that are showing up? Is Inoki gonna show up on a cross again and fight with Tiger Jeet Singh like at that New Year's DREAM spectacle? Are Fujiwara and Frye gonna have an exhibition match? I'm guessing Hansen's just there to do the proclamation for the Gotch finals. 

Royal Road tournament semis look interesting. Miyahara/Ishikawa III which is kind of like Okada/Omega III for those of us who prefer the lumpy bumpy style of AJPW,  plus a pretty much guaranteed solid final as i like all four guys a whole lot (possibly a rematch of Ishikawa/Doering from the Carny final with big Joe winning this time??).  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 8:29 AM, Curt McGirt said:

What are they gonna do with all the retired/semi-retired wrestlers that are showing up? Is Inoki gonna show up on a cross again and fight with Tiger Jeet Singh like at that New Year's DREAM spectacle? Are Fujiwara and Frye gonna have an exhibition match? I'm guessing Hansen's just there to do the proclamation for the Gotch finals. 

It's some sort of theatrical thing. Frye's in no shape to do anything physical.

53 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Dragon Gate certainly surprised me.  I didn't expect 

Hide contents

Masaaki Mochizuki to win the belt at 47 years of age.  

I'm suddenly realizing how old Cima, Fuji, and the couple other holdovers from the Toryumon days must be.

CIMA only turns 40 this year while it seems he's been around since the beginning of time.