DVDVR Message Board

The Music Festival Thread

CSC

15 hours ago, Casey said:

There's tons of festivals all over the US - you're saying none of them appeal to you?

Hell, I'll offer to trade with you :P I'd live in Austin just so I could go to Levitation.

Sweetwater 420 is the one I'd attend that's close by this year. If I see any summer concerts, it'll probably be Dead & Co in Atlanta honestly.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to The Music Festival Thread
On 1/10/2019 at 2:02 PM, Curt McGirt said:

If Tom Petty shows up Tupac style as a hologram...

Will he be like 3 feet tall like Dio's hologram?

For the record, I FUCKING HATE the whole Dio hologram thing.

Stone Temple Pilots practically have a Scott Weiland hologram as their frontman. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, CSC said:

inn19-website_lineup-480x650-v4-0a27e85e

Ok so maybe there are still musical festivals geared towards me...

I doubt their dedication to the baseball theme since Puig Destroyer is not on that lineup. What a goddamn travesty.

Also, "MLB Legend" Eric Byrnes? Playing fast and loose with the term, are we?

My cousin went to Dia De Los Deftones last November and didn't even buy me a fucking tour shirt for my birthday which was on the 10th of that very same month..

Deftones-Admat_LowerRes.jpg

I hate him.

Edited by J.T.

• 1 month later...

Woodstock 50 has a line-up:

Woodstock-50-Poster.jpg

Day 1: The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Anderson East, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian

Day 2: Dead and Company, Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Dawes, Margo Price, Country Joe, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Taylor Bennett

Day 3: Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage The Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young The Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, the Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, Pussy Riot, Cherry Glazerr

• 3 weeks later...

Exit 111 is a new festival that's taking place in October on the grounds where Bonnaroo usually is. It's supposed to be a festival highlighting a variety of different forms of rock. ZZ Top & Cheap Trick have already leaked/announced that they'd be there (and they're touring together). I'm seeing a lot of comments on Facebook, r/Bonnaroo and Inforoo that it's been leaked locally that System Of A Down and Guns 'n Roses are headliners, but I haven't seen anything (and I live locally). And like 'Roo, they'll have other activities going on... like a car show and dirtbike exhibition. What the fuck? This sounds trashy as fuck, but I'm.... interested, I guess. I'll have vacation time at my new job by then, and if the tickets aren't outrageous like Bonnaroo's have grown to become, I might just end up going to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's trashy as all hell but I might go on that Sunday because $89 to see GnR, Deftones, Coheed & Cambria, Thrice, Ministry and Lamb of God isn't a bad price at all.

qu7w2gowk0u21.jpg?width=614&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yeah, it's trashy as all hell but I might go on that Sunday because $89 to see GnR, Deftones, Coheed & Cambria, Thrice, Ministry and Lamb of God isn't a bad price at all.

qu7w2gowk0u21.jpg?width=614&auto=webp&s=

Are they going to allow for it to be a camping festival? I hate the lineup, but the farm in October sounds nice.

Yeah, they have car camping. It's extra money for that, just like Bonnaroo.

There's also like a gothic Cirque du Soleil (or something) tent, a motocross exhibition tent and a.... car show.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Motocross and a car show, sounds about right. Is Slayer on a retirement tour?

For the record I wouldn't mind seeing Cheap Trick and maybe Graveyard but that's about it

This is Slayer's last tour.

This is my only beef with multiday festivals, there's bands I would love to see on all 3 days, but 2 of those days are total toss ups.  It's like having to pick a favorite kid.

13 hours ago, Casey said:

This is Slayer's last tour.

They are essentially a satanic version of Terry Funk or Onita with all the fake retirements.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, Ace said:

Woodstock 50 has a line-up:

Woodstock-50-Poster.jpg

Day 1: The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Anderson East, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian

Day 2: Dead and Company, Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Dawes, Margo Price, Country Joe, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Taylor Bennett

Day 3: Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage The Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young The Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, the Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, Pussy Riot, Cherry Glazerr

Cancelled.png

Why, because they were afraid of another unholy disaster like the last one? 

I'm not a big fan of fests but the small room at Reggies is having this come up and I'm damn sure going. 

56902342_1255079901316070_58312939984755

That's six bands I'd pay good money to see by themselves, nevermind all together. The only one I'm not a fan of that I've heard is Mausoleum because their kick drum sound bugs the shit out of me. Oh, and the main stage version is gonna be headlined by The Chasm so that's gonna be killer too.

Edited by Curt McGirt