DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Tapla (Japanese chibi artist on Twitter) piped in to say that Elgin never paid her for a picture of his family he commissioned her to do in 2016. 

Haha, Los Ingobernables 4 life.

• Haha 4

Elgin's private texts to the accuser of his student were pretty amazing, too. This fucking guy needs to smash his phone and never touch social media again.

At least he should end up a cautionary tale for young wrestlers, everywhere. I know my trainees are going to be getting a talk from me about this nonsense.

• Like 6

Again, that's what was on the surface. People within the business have know about this dude doing far worse for years, so I guess promoters are finally making up for lost time. Now if they'd do the same with Callihan, we'd be in good shape.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

That's surprising, I had always heard Callihan had a reputation of being a standup guy.  Are Elgin and MsChif still married? She deserves better.

The owners of AIW in Cleveland weren't too fond of Callihan, according to a quick snippet on one of their past podcasts. They didn't come out and say exactly what the reason was but implied he ripped them off over bookings or some other agreement they had. 

Holy balls, that MLW was a ton of fun.

Hardcore match easily MOTN.

Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin make up the craziest tag team in wrestling.

Strickland hit a crazy armbreaker on Darby. Darby disappeared and then proceeded to do a trust dive with a chair tied across his back from the balcony to the ring.

Elgin has to be in the running for sleaziest and dumbest person in all of Indy wrestling. How can anyone in good conscience book him after this? His career at any significant level has to be done, WWE won't touch him with a ten mile pole and I doubt ROH or Impact would be much different.

God, Elgin is a dumbass.  Is MsChief standing by her man or has she sought out legal council?  Has she gotten her doctorate yet?

The joke that Ellsworth vs. Cris Cyborg would not be an intergender match is right there.

44 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The joke that Ellsworth vs. Cris Cyborg would not be an intergender match is right there.

He could always be talking about Evangelista...