DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Marty - you now know Dick Togo is in town

Time to put yourself over!

He's in a town that's a long and boring 4-5 hour drive away. If the company survives their debut weekend in Alberta, and he ever even gets a flight here.

Interesting story: Canuck Pro contacted me and asked to use clips of the Kelowna match Chelsea Green (aka Laurel Van Ness) had with Bambi Hall...one of my better editing jobs, I'm proud to say. But when I asked if they planned to compensate me in any way, they basically told me to fuck off.

5 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Interesting story: Canuck Pro contacted me and asked to use clips of the Kelowna match Chelsea Green (aka Laurel Van Ness) had with Bambi Hall...one of my better editing jobs, I'm proud to say. But when I asked if they planned to compensate me in any way, they basically told me to fuck off.

I have never understood why payment for services rendered is such an alien concept in pro wrestling.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hey @Rev Ray and @Pete

Go see Preston Quinn

Granted it also means seeing DJ Hyde but sacrifices need to be made for Preston Quinn

Hmmm.  My woman's sister lives in Bayonne and her daughter has a kid due around that time. 

I may be up in NJ around that time if we decide to roll up there for the birth.... 

So, that bears the question.  How bad is DJ Hyde really?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Hmmm.  My woman's sister lives in Bayonne and her daughter has a kid due around that time. 

I may be up in NJ around that time if we decide to roll up there for the birth.... 

So, that bears the question.  How bad is DJ Hyde really?

He's not someone who I would go out of my way to see but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Him and Quinn should have a good match because Quinn has had decent matches with much worse guys.

I am announcing on Saturday night for Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling. Bell time is 7:05 at St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Parma, OH (1900 Carlton Road).

Shane Douglas was set to challenge J-Rocc for the title in an extreme rules match. J-Rocc has had some medical issues, so I'm not sure what's going to happen there.

Taya from Lucha Underground will be there to challenge Vanilla Vargas for the CKCW women's title.

We also have Kongo Kong and Laredo Kid from Impact Wrestling, as well as Ricky Reyes. I think there will be a "Puerto Rico vs. Mexico" theme going on.

Come on out, Cleveland peeps!

• Like 1

I will just put this here 

Velvet Sky says she is now retired. She is finishing up her degree and wants to become a personal trainer

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Velvet Sky says she is now retired. She is finishing up her degree and wants to become a personal trainer

So this means she is smarter than like 99% of the people in the business right?

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 1:24 PM, RIPPA said:

She clarified to say that she's retiring from in-ring competitions, but is still going to make appearances at wrestling shows.

It makes some sense if you're living with Bubba and he's still working an active schedule, but my first thought was "There's a market for that?"

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

If she still looks good, I am sure there's guys willing to pay to take pictures with her.

Of course there is, she'll be a hit with the "Hopelessly single guy who gets pics with hot chicks to brag to their friends about" market.  And considering some of the shows I've been to that's a bigger market than one would think.

Any of my Seattle brethren going to Defy presents: The Crash Lucha Libre in Tacoma on August 3rd. I missed the last two Defy shows in June but this show seems like a lot of Fun with Shane Strickland vs Lio Rush in a rematch and most likely Rushes last match in Defy from their encounter at Defy 2 earlier this year and Jack Evans vs Jeff Cobb has just been announced recently.