DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hey, WWN is going to start WWN Club!

• $9.99 a month for the entire catalog - ok, I mean, that's as much as the Network and more than NJPW World, but I could see where it fits into the budget of those who don't care about WWE or NJPW. So I guess this is good.
  • First month is free - well that's pretty cool.
  • 50% off live iPPVs or $7.50 for the live and on demand option - Umm...wait, what?
  • iPPVs are added to the $9.99 catalog after 2 months - hmm, why not sooner?
  • Surprise perks - uh, what kind of surprise...?

I read the news for this going from mildly interested to "I'll pass" pretty quickly.

Tried to sign up. You have to get a WWNLive account. I go to do that and the conformation email they send has no link to actually confirm your account so you can't log in meaning I can't sign up for the WWN Club. They really don't want my stupid Canadian Monopoly money.

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

So does John Morrison just change his last name to match every promotion, now? Because I wouldn't want to book a Johnny Big West as it doesn't make any fucking sense.

Not every time.  Reality of Wrestling brought him in a couple of weeks ago, and he was just Johnny Impact (sadly).

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Instead of fur coat and shades,  Johnny Maryland comes out wearing Natty Bo t-shirt and wielding a crab mallet. 

Now I really wish he did that when he did House of Hardcore in Joppa.  While he can't have a mallet I'm now tempted to import a Boh logo and put that on a shirt for him in 2K18.

I was going to make a joke about not knowing that Muslims were into softball but apparently this dumb ass wasn't even out of the country when using this excuse.    I mean if an outstanding speed ticket was prevents you from flying in the US then at least one of the DC area airports would be out of business due to inactivity 

And yet Hornswoggle can make it to Cleveland with no problem :D

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I was going to make a joke about not knowing that Muslims were into softball but apparently this dumb ass wasn't even out of the country when using this excuse.    I mean if an outstanding speed ticket was prevents you from flying in the US then at least one of the DC area airports would be out of business due to inactivity 

And yet Hornswoggle can make it to Cleveland with no problem :D

Sid has used the same basic excuse several times before.  He's no-showed a couple indy promotions over the years because his passport was lost/stolen/forgotten.  Dreamwave and PWS come to mind.

I guess you might need a passport for a domestic flight, but so far as I know, that probably comes up if you have no other way to prove your identity (ie, no drivers license or anything similar).

43 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Yep, next week... in 2018.  Sid's been using that excuse for at least a decade.

Not doubting that in the least. Just saying it might actually be a valid excuse for folks soon, esp if they don't know about the rule.

• RIPPA locked this topic