DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

So the Wrestle Circus folks had asked for privacy after cancelling the show that was supposed to happen on Saturday.

Now the reason is out and Wrestle Circus might possibly be done

9 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Kick ass Bu Ku Dao is working outside Wildkat. Best inside joke name on the indies.

I am totally intrigued by that Death Bear vs. Pump Patrol tag team match.

And Jesus, the colors on that promo poster.  The promoter is Irish?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Pump Patrol are good. Curt started off in the MS indies. Was doing a Hulkster tribute gimmick. No clue who Death Bear is,but looks like my son and ex wife are going to this show.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:09 AM, Dewar said:

Who was claiming to run that tour?

We all should have known it was bullshit anyway when Thompson was on the schedule. Northern Manitoba in November sounds like a terrible place to run a wrestling show.

No clue. I just know several Vancouver women (Nicole Matthews and Bambi Hall) were booked and looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's at an Irish pub, so that's very likely.  (I've never been there, so I dunno how authentic it is, though.  Most authentic Irish pubs I've been to don't feel the need to tell you how Irish they are.)

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Pump Patrol are good. Curt started off in the MS indies. Was doing a Hulkster tribute gimmick. No clue who Death Bear is,but looks like my son and ex wife are going to this show.

Death Bear are Ruthless Ryan Davidson and Alex Reigns.  They're terrific, especially Davidson.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

No clue. I just know several Vancouver women (Nicole Matthews and Bambi Hall) were booked and looking forward to it.

Damn. I know CWE is running Winnipeg on the 24th, had not heard about this other group.

11 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

It's at an Irish pub, so that's very likely.  (I've never been there, so I dunno how authentic it is, though.  Most authentic Irish pubs I've been to don't feel the need to tell you how Irish they are.)

I've gotten wasted in nearly every pub on Delancey Street that Black 47 played in.  No authentic pub bothers to tell you how Irish it is.  It is just fucking Irish.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RandomAct said:

The Trevor Lee vs. Ethan Sharpe match was pretty awesome from a character and performance standpoint.  Ethan is a geek of a undercard heel and he is not a realistic threat to Trevor Lee as the Mid-Atlantic Champion.  However they work this into the story as Lee agrees that if he can't beat Sharpe in under 20 minutes, Sharpe would take the title away.  I think this is why Lee does not work as as Ricky Steamboat analogue as he is sometimes described as his character has an amount of hubris to him that leads him into jeopardy.  Lee is not as white meaty as Steamboat and is closer to the firey retribution of a Magnum TA or Dusty Rhodes in my view.  This arrogance leads to Lee toying with Sharpe for ten minutes before Sharpe is able to get anything going.  Sharpe gets more over here as he is not cowardly running out the clock, but surviving the Lee torture experience.  This especially plays into the finish where had Sharpe been more of a coward, he likely would have been able to run out the clock.  Rather, he attacked and played the price.  A good story and well told, I think Lee having a fatal flaw in terms of being overconfident is something CWF should continue to use as story telling arc.  It makes the story and week-to-week matches more engaging.  

On 11/25/2017 at 2:23 AM, Casey said:

If anyone cares...it looks like Emma got her first independent booking - AIW in February 2018.

Her actual first match will be this one

BTW - Emma did an Instagram story last night which was just a composite of all the bookings she already has

Places I definitely remember seeing - WrestlePro, WXW, AML, Remix Pro and What! Wrestling

Besides the Angelina Love match - the other actual matches announced are vs. Britt Baker (that is Remix Pro) and Brittany Blake (Standalone)