DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

In case anyone was wondering, The Cat turned on his tag team partner, Ruthless Ryan Davidson, during the match, and helped Stevie Ray and Abel Andrew Jackson beat down Davidson.  Then, the Boogeyman did a run-in, and chased Jackson and the Cat away, allowing Davidson to get the win on his former manager, Stevie.

God, I love wrestling.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 4:54 PM, RandomAct said:

The SEC Battle Royal that we filmed for ESPN will air on the SEC Network at 5:30pm EST TODAY. Check it out!

Not sure I agree with Auburn as the #2 team in the battle royal or someone as great as Chet Sterling repping Tennessee but representing Ole Miss with Ethan Alexander Sharpe was a winner :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hammerva said:

Not sure I agree with Auburn as the #2 team in the battle royal or someone as great as Chet Sterling repping Tennessee but representing Ole Miss with Ethan Alexander Sharpe was a winner :lol:

We got the right winner though ;)

Went to the House of Glory on Friday night and it was totally worth it for the ring announcer trying to get the somewhat exhausted (Riddle was injured and they didn't announce it until after his scheduled match, same old song, can't be disappointed if you just expect it going in, etc) crowd hyped for the main event with the really quite sad yell of "DO YOU HAVE TIME FOR ONE MORE MAAAAATCH? I SAID, DO YOOOUUU HAVE TIME FOR ONE MORE MAAAATCH?"

On 8/21/2017 at 10:42 AM, maciej said:

Went to the House of Glory on Friday night and it was totally worth it for the ring announcer trying to get the somewhat exhausted (Riddle was injured and they didn't announce it until after his scheduled match, same old song, can't be disappointed if you just expect it going in, etc) crowd hyped for the main event with the really quite sad yell of "DO YOU HAVE TIME FOR ONE MORE MAAAAATCH? I SAID, DO YOOOUUU HAVE TIME FOR ONE MORE MAAAATCH?"

I'm gonna assume that was David Adams of PWS fame. The misses and I skipped this show but I've heard that the announcer botched up the Riddle announcement and saw House of Glory put out a statement apologizing for the mistake.

Just now, Marty Sugar said:

Amazing boom period for wrestling right now, where UK Indies are running shows in the U.S. and American Indies are running shows in the UK.

I think this is at least chikara's third UK tour. I know I had someone on the podcast twice before to discuss them being in the UK.

• Like 1

Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling is bringing in Barbarian, Lei'D Tapa and Juventud Guerrera tomorrow night in Parma, Ohio (1900 Carlton Road) - just in case our talent from Puerto Rico have any travel issues related to Hurricane Irma. 

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

Hopefully someone on here has a trip report to the NWA Wildside Reunion show that happened tonight in Cornelia GA.  Apparently AJ Styles made an appearance as well which as is awesome given he is their most famous alunmni

How dare you insult Iceberg like that.