DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

The United States has been filled with some of the greatest carny promoters and I don't think any of them could carry Onita's jock when it comes to be carny.   Maybe Heyman could have (although he got screwed by Onita as well).   Dennis Caruluzzo (badly misspelled I know) would have have been a hell of a challenger but not sure

Genuine question: are people actually pissed that the singles match between Tremont and Onita didn't take place? My initial understanding was that I thought it was a case of 'let's be glad we've booked Onita because he might actually be done and accept whatever form it takes place'. Like I saw Kurt Angle wrestle just before he re-signed with WWE and he did a 9 minute match with Sabre. Obviously it would have been GREAT to see him go 20 and break all the old shit out but he's fucked. Who has lost out? A match between a completely injured Onita and a completely injured Tremont would have been totally horseshit. Sounds like CZW ran the best save they could.

That's fine but don't bait and switch your fans. I was expecting some smoke and mirrors in the match, for sure, and instead of goofy big spots with lots of selling afterwards, we got a jabroni six-man tag. I don't really give a shit either way. I forgot it was happening until Chuck Taylor tweeted about it and I gave it a shot.

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's fine but don't bait and switch your fans. I was expecting some smoke and mirrors in the match, for sure, and instead of goofy big spots with lots of selling afterwards, we got a jabroni six-man tag. I don't really give a shit either way. I forgot it was happening until Chuck Taylor tweeted about it and I gave it a shot.

Bait and switch booking is basically a sacred wrestling tradition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Zandig saying it could have been held in DJ's back yard -- as I suggested -- gives me the chuckles

If you believe in karma, this is BJW getting their just desserts.

Except the fact that IIRC Zandig was the one who screwed BJW and the people now running CZW had nothing to do with it. So if it is karma it got the wrong people here.

Well, if Hyde is a part of it, I suppose he deserves to suffer from it anyway? I'm really (to say the least) not up on my Eastern theology (though I should be). If Hyde is employing Zandig, then 1+1=2 karmically, right? You associate with said people, you end up getting the results of their karma, if I'm not correct.

EDIT: Well damn. I think CZW just got better karma by making me look into it further. That sounds like it could reverse upon itself, for several reasons and in who knows how many ways... (Also, CZ FUCKIN W making me Wiki karma and look into Hinduism, Buddhism, Falon Gong, etc. is bizarre in ways I'm not sure any theologian could comprehend)

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Fuck.  Black WallStreet is working MCW this weekend and I promised to paint the fucking house.

Fucking hell, I was so focused on the Evolve show I forgot about MCW.  I thought they'd just skip this month and do the legends show next month.

And on top of that they're advertising it's Lio's final match in MCW.  Shit, I guess I'm going there Saturday.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Fucking hell, I was so focused on the Evolve show I forgot about MCW.  I thought they'd just skip this month and do the legends show next month.

And on top of that they're advertising it's Lio's final match in MCW.  Shit, I guess I'm going there Saturday.

If you go, I expect a full road report in this very thread.  I am living vicariously through you right now.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

If you go, I expect a full road report in this very thread.  I am living vicariously through you right now.

Well, I'm not a wordsmith with the match reviews like Matt D and others have been here but I'll certainly put it on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

C- post, not enough "JESUS!"  Would not recommend.

I'm shocked nobody put up that clip yet.  In lieu of using the original video, here's a little Simpsons twist on it:

• Haha 3

Tomorrow night, I'll be front row for Reality of Wrestling's biggest show of the year.  One of the featured matches is a tag match with Stevie Ray on one side, and Ernest "The Cat" Miller on the other side.  Truly, this will be The Greatest Night In The History Of Our Sport.

• Like 3