DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

56 minutes ago, zev said:

Did you stick around for the mixed tag match? 

Looks like you can take the Adam Cole out of the Bullet Club, but you can't take the superkick out of Adam Cole. 

Hey, I can mention ROH related things during a Wrestle Circus show. The WC commentator sure does.

I dozed off during that match, and then my feed froze.

What's the hold up on Kyle O'Reilly and NXT? How are all these other ROH workers joining and he's stuck in indie purgatory? Not that I'm complaining, he's been great in EVOLVE and PWG. 

Maybe they waited for Cole, Fish and O'Reilly to be available at the same time so they can form FutuREDragonShock and work a few NXT shows before becoming the Honorable Friends Of Samoa Joe at Survivor Series.

Or just an odd non-compete clause in his ROH contract he has to wait out.

20 minutes ago, zev said:

Cody Rhodes became ROH champ yesterday and he's not yet 32. I'm thinking 18 months from now he's for surely getting an NXT title shot. 

And when goes to nxt, they will change his name. 

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And when goes to nxt, they will change his name. 

Well they own Cody Rhodes, so of course they would change his name back to that. But they let Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Roddy "Shitty Little Boots" Strong all keep their names.

Would it be weird to resurrect the 2-years idle Beyond Wrestling thread or should anything about it just be posted here?

Americanrana '17 was announced and im fucking psyched. 

- Matthew Riddle vs. Joey Janela
- Lucha Bros. (Penta El Zero M & Rey Fenix) vs. EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)
- Donovan Dijak vs. David Starr
- Roppongi Vice (Trent? & Rocky Romero) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack)
- Brian Cage vs. Jonathan Gresham
- Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) vs. Team P.A.W.G. (LuFisto & Jordynne Grace)
- John Silver vs. JT Dunn
- Tables, Ladders, & Chairs: Swoggle vs. Chuck Taylor with Gentleman's Club

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, mattdangerously said:

Y'all know they didn't change Drew McIntyre's name, right?  

It was Drew Galloway about two hours before he showed up on NXT on Mania weekend. 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 10:36 AM, Dewar said:

Well they own Cody Rhodes, so of course they would change his name back to that. But they let Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Roderick Strong all keep their names.

fixed 

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

- Roppongi Vice (Trent? & Rocky Romero) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack)

I love that it looks like we are questioning whether Trent Romero will indeed be teaming with his brother, Rocky, at this show.

On 2017-06-27 at 6:51 PM, HumanChessgame said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know why Trent Barretta uses the ? in some promotions and his last name in others?

I think it just depends on if he's going to be doing comedy or serious wrestling. Or whatever the promotion picks.

The Trent? thing is mainly from PWG.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Strange that the reason they love Canada does not contain any Canadian participants.

Seems like someone got a money mark in Alberta again. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

• Like 1

Neither the Calgary nor Vancouver venues seat more than 200 BEFORE you get a ring into them; the hall in Langley that Canuck Pro is planning to use has been passed on by all the local promotions in the Greater Vancouver Area because it's not worth running with local indy rosters where fans routinely pay 15-20 a ticket...but somehow it can house supershows where tickets are 25-100 bucks?

Canuck Pro isn't run by a money mark, it's run by a clueless buffoon. If any of the shows don't end with ripped-off wrestlers and disappointed fans--and owners disappearing before the show is over to hide from all cheated parties--I'll be fucking stunned.

• Like 2