DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

On 4/17/2017 at 1:00 PM, Marty Sugar said:

Is this issue just a YouTube thing? I'm contemplating putting up some stuff to make a little money...should I try Vimeo, instead?

Supposedly Daily Motion pays the best. But the issue is getting people to watch a video site that isn't Youtube. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the main issue is discovery. If you're already established, you can probably convert people to watching stuff on another site but you're not going to get the same level of organic traffic to your videos.

My suggestion would be to put a teaser on Youtube and link to the full video on Dailymotion or Vimeo.

• Like 1

Work needs to stop fucking with my schedule because NOVA Pro Wrestling next show has

Fred Yehi vs. Jonathan Gresham

Tim Donst vs. Chip Day

Jimmy Rave vs. Sonjay Dutt

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Work needs to stop fucking with my schedule because NOVA Pro Wrestling next show has

Fred Yehi vs. Jonathan Gresham

Tim Donst vs. Chip Day

Jimmy Rave vs. Sonjay Dutt

WHAT THE FUCK~???

That Nova Pro show looks pretty awesome.  Drive's a bit far for me but if possible I'll swing by to check it out.

As for tomorrow anybody to MCW?  Rey Mysterio's going to be there and Lio Rush is facing Travis "Flip" Gordon.  I still maintain there's a missed opportunity not doing Mysterio/Rush, but from the little I heard about Gordon this should easily be the show-stealer.  On that note, I saw Gordon's part in the Joey Janella clusterfuck match and that's about it.  Considering his nickname is he all all flash or does he have some substance to him?  Time permitting I'm going to seek out a match or two to know what he's about, if anybody could steer me to one worth watching I'd appreciate it.

On 4/21/2017 at 3:30 PM, odessasteps said:

"Something something my boo wants to see this new rom com...." 

You're forgetting that at least I have a boo to watch those dumb rom coms with.

Emancipation will come along soon enough. The struggle continues.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Oh, not forgotten. ;)

On the down side, you should see my telephone related honey do list for tomorrow. 

It is now my responsibility to arrange for voicemall to be added to our FiOS digital voice service and I will also have to take a day off next week for the drywall appointment.

On 4/21/2017 at 0:27 PM, hammerva said:

They also had a small feud in CZW around 2004 although most of those matches were tags, 6 mans, or 8 mans.  But the 2004 Jimmy Rave is nothing like the 2017 version.

I was so enjoying post-Embassy Jimmy Rave in ROH before he got injured again and left in June 2007. From what I remember, he was getting some nice reactions when his music hit. I think we would have gotten a Jimmy Rave face turn if he didn't leave for TNA.

Not 4K

One indie promoter told us that Jack Swagger, who is coming on the market, has been asking for $4,000 per show coming out of the blocks, which they felt was high. That’s a big number for most indie promotions. He is working in May for FULL in Mexico in matches against Alberto El Patron, renewing their old WWE program. He’s working an overseas tour in Australia with Tommy Dreamer in June although given it’s Dreamer and it’s multiple dates, that could be a very different amount.