DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

If you haven't seen it you really need to catch the SPPT against Ringkampf in Progress. Fantastic match and vey different. They work heel and make Walther and ADJr look a million bucks. Dahlia is a great heel, constantly cheating, and takes a big bump at the end. Love that match. Also looking forward to seeing their match against Strickland/Callihan when it hits Demand Progress.

Anyone on this board from the Seattle area goimg to Defy on Friday? I will be there. I'm thinking about making a Davey Richards vs Davey Richards inside a Steel Davey Richards sign. He's going to be wrestling Pentagon Jr at the show, It's the main event.

It was a lot of fun, wrestling was great, fans were crazy just a good time. Shane Strickland vs Lio Rush was the match of the night just incredible dude. Jeff Cobb vs Davey Richards was the main event and it was good they just beat the shit out of each other. The next show is May 26th and it's to be headlined by Strickland vs John Morrison. I already bought my ticket. Oh and i funny little anecdote, it was about 10pm and the third to last match Kate Carney vs Su Yung vs Angelina Love was about to start, they were in the ring waiting for ring introductions and the firearm went off. Someone was smoking pot in the bathroom. So we had to all go outside and wait for the fire department to show up. Needless to say Show didn't get over until close to midnight.

• Like 2

Fuck, dude. It's a good thing I didn't go because I probably would've passed out on the way back to Vancouver. Sounds awesome and I'm glad you enjoyed it! My bud was saying Cobb had visa issues and didn't make it, so I'm glad to hear he eventually got there. Pentagon said he and Fenix will be coming to Defy eventually in his message explaining why he wouldn't be there.

Also, "firearm" instead of "fire alarm" is so much better. Is this a new Trump edict? All fire alarms will be replaced with a middle age white guy with a handgun who will shoot off if he smells too much smoke.

• Like 2

So apparently Youtube is fucking over indie feds (or pretty much anyone who isn't the WWE)

And entire thread starts with this Tweet if you open it

This is the dumbest thing l've heard all day, how hard is it to file and anti-trust suit?

Not me I'm not filing the suit but the indie promoters throughout the United States get together and fight the machine man.

Looked at you tube for the promotions that I normally watch like CWF Mid Atlantic and they are fine.  So I am not sure what the criteria they were using to go after AIW first.   If it was strictly "content" then you would think CZW  and other hard core promotion would be in deep shit

Agree that it is complete bullshit but yeah not much they can do given the juggernaut the WWE is legally

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Looked at you tube for the promotions that I normally watch like CWF Mid Atlantic and they are fine.  So I am not sure what the criteria they were using to go after AIW first.   If it was strictly "content" then you would think CZW  and other hard core promotion would be in deep shit

Agree that it is complete bullshit but yeah not much they can do given the juggernaut the WWE is legally

The issue isn't that you're not able to watch the videos. As long as you don't have your settings on "restricted" you can still watch the videos fine.

The core issue is that because a lot of the wrestling promotions' Youtube clips are now classified as "restricted" content, ads won't be placed on the videos, which means it doesn't matter how many thousands of views a video gets, the content creator won't get a single penny since there won't be any ad views credited to the video.

If you're clicking on videos from your favorite leagues and not seeing either pre-roll ads or the pop-up text ads on a regular basis, you should be worried.

Finally got around to watching the Mania weekend matches. I wasn't really blown away by anything except maybe Lee/Dijak and Hardyz/Bucks. The Team Ospreay vs Team Ricochet match was fun but went on too long. 

Lots of good stuff, though. That Lashley/Cobb match was nowhere near as bad as I saw people saying at the time. Lashley probably could have sold a bit more for him but it was decent.

What stinks about this YouTube controversy, and this was happening before the controversy, is that a lot of these promotions that were doing tv shows and posting them on YouTube are going the paid streaming route, whether its teaming up with like a Highspots or a Powerbomb, it doing their own thing. I'm a guy with very limited funds so I won't be watching them there. I pay enough in TV, Netflix, WWE Network and Amazon as it is, at some point my broke ass gotta feed the family too

Just throwing it out there, but the YouTube restrictions thing is affecting a lot of different types of channels, with LGBTQ content being widely reported as suffering from ads being stripped away and videos hidden. Apparently this whole thing started with folks getting pissed that videos dealing in hate speech were being preceded by an ad for something like Coca Cola. Google tweaked their algorithm and as a result MANY other types of content were affected. 

Isn't this temporary? I imagine this stricter designation for what is and isn't restricted is just a reaction to sponsors and they'll figure out a more reasonable algorithm in time.