DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

If you've never seen Alex Daniels, you're in for a real treat on that NOVA show.  Got the chance to call a match between he and Chip Day that tore the house down. Very talented dude with a unique gimmick, to say the least.

No Lights, Just Fists?

Prep work for a potential ROH run?

Cameraman lied and said things looked fine?

~

Meanwhile, I see NOVA has another show tomorrow. Looks like a solid show as per their usual.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:35 AM, RandomAct said:

If you've never seen Alex Daniels, you're in for a real treat on that NOVA show.  Got the chance to call a match between he and Chip Day that tore the house down. Very talented dude with a unique gimmick, to say the least.

I'm from the area he trained/worked a lot in the last few years (Cleveland)—definitely has been working hard, and the transformation in the last year or so has been incredible. I second what RandomAct says, I wouldn't hesitate to check out a show with him on it in your area.  

21 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

Going through this now. Cain Justice v. Dominic Garrini was fucking great, will have a review of the whole show soon, but that match is must see stuff, felt like watching Masakatus Funaki or Minoru Suzuki as rookies in UWF.

giphy.gif

Totally.

It was a fun match but Suzuki was in captivating 20-30 minute matches within months of his debut and was slick from the get go. Funaki, who plateaued early, looked like he could've been the next mainstream Japanese superstar by '88. 

Something that may give you a new appreciation for Garrini/Justice, @Phil Schneider is the fact that Cain has almost zero knowledge of Japan, and has never heard of BattleArts, etc. I had to give him guys like Minoru Tanaka and Koji Kanemoto to watch because he had no idea. So that means he has all this stuff swirling in his brain naturally.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to Justice/Garrini because it seemed like it would just be super fun and up my alley stylistically, but I definitely underestimated how goddamn good it would be. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Speaking of Scorpio Sky, anyone know why PWG stopped booking him?

Not really a favorite of mine, but, post-PWG, he feuded with Brandon Gatson in the Empire Wrestling Federation (small Cal indy).  Great stuff, but almost no one saw it.

Also: I remember one of the Crist brothers retiring.  I take it the Crists studied at the Terry Funk School of Retirements You Don't Really Mean?

C7ioWqrXwAAhypH.jpg

Now if they can put some microwaves around the arena and let us bring our own breakfast meats this could be greatest thing ever.  Actually the show looks really good especial that ladder match that should be the most insane thing not on the Janela show Thursday

From the newest WON

I was told by someone who doesn’t ever use this term when not applicable that a 3/25 show for CWF Mid Atlantic had a ***** match with Trevor Lee vs. Chip Day, going 30 plus minutes and it kept building with the place going nuts for all the spots and near falls at the end

• Like 1