DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Oh BTW - since there are enough folks who will be interested

The next NOVA Pro Wrestling show is Friday, Feb 17

As far as I can tell - only matched announced so far is Donovan Dijak vs. Sonjay Dutt

I think the only other thing advertised at the moment is Veda Scott appearing.

As of the moment I plan on going to the show but that can change due to work and/or weather

• Like 1

I'm going to the DEFY Wrestling show, as discussed in the Cody Rhodes thread, in Seattle on the 13th. Rhodes vs Shane Strickland (Killshot in LU) is the main event. Matt Cross and Jeff Cobb will also be there. Anyone else from the Seattle area going to the show?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh BTW - since there are enough folks who will be interested

The next NOVA Pro Wrestling show is Friday, Feb 17

As far as I can tell - only matched announced so far is Donovan Dijak vs. Sonjay Dutt

I think the only other thing advertised at the moment is Veda Scott appearing.

As of the moment I plan on going to the show but that can change due to work and/or weather

Sonjay's work in NOVA has been stellar, and Dijak's NOVA match with Royal is what sold me on Dijak's star potential. Should be really good.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Holy shit The Rock N Bowl Express is the greatest gimmick.  But this is Baltimore so it fucking better be duckpin, hon.

A friend of mine bowls in leagues and this team speaks to him.  We met one of the guys at the after party and he's the only actual bowler of the three (not duckpin, sadly)  So as soon as my friend heard that they talked about bowling and there you go.

But on the Tribute to Legends show a few months ago Jim Cornette was managing them.  The match wasn't much at all as they went up against three Legends (HTM, Tito and Koko) and you can guess how that went.

@J.T. I am shocked by how many people I know are going to the Broken Anniversary.  In my mind I did a happy dance when I saw the poster and can almost justify paying $100 for autograph/picture with the whole Hardy crew.  It's going to be pretty damn wild.  And be happy Johnny Crabcakes isn't there, he's a huge Roman fan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

The first Maryland Championship Wrestling card appears to be a doozie.

MCW BROKEN ANNIVERSARY~!

I am saddened by the absence of Johnny Crabcakes on the card.

There is also a show coming up in March where Ryback will be there for the Meet & Greet, but the matches for the card are TBD.

When i worked for them, they ran a show at Ft Meade, largely so they could juice, since the MSAC did not have jurisdiction. 

On 1/4/2017 at 2:38 PM, Michael Sweetser said:

I love indies that advertise world titles.

Hey, they can't help it if their budget is so low they can only afford a generic "WORLD CHAMPION" belt that doesn't even have the company's name on it!

• Like 1

I heard Amasis lost his mask to Frightmare in december. That's a match I have to eventually see.

Also I Willie Mack vs RVD sounds awesome. I hope Pacific Coast doesn't institute USADA testing in the next 13 days.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If you are talking about the FIP show on Sunday then the setting was the least of their issues.  

Well that and the Style Battle show on Saturday

I am already seeing theories that the FIP was purposely done as a parody show

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really don't understand this new gimmick of running matches outside in 40 degree weather with a ring surrounded by trees

They ran it cause the building they usually ran across the street was booked for the weekend. The guy that runs the night club also owns the building FIP ran. Wouldn't be bad during the summer but god it sucked during style battle.