DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

So I guess there isnt gonna be a tag title match

EDIT - looking back through Twitter - both Sheamus and Cesaro both tweeted that they were in the Rumble. So either Anderson and Gallows are winning the title tonight or there is no title match

Just because I was curious, I checked all the past Rumbles to see how many times the Tag Titles were defended at the show. 14 out of the past 30 Rumbles have featured Tag Title matches in the undercard. Now you can all sleep well later tonight with this new information.

• Like 1

Lets say Anderson and Gallows win the straps tonight. With Enzo injured and Cass feuding with Rusev, The New Day and now Shaemus and Casero in the Rumble match. Who do Anderson and Gallows defend against at the PPV? Golden Truth?

33 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Lets say Anderson and Gallows win the straps tonight. With Enzo injured and Cass feuding with Rusev, The New Day and now Shaemus and Casero in the Rumble match. Who do Anderson and Gallows defend against at the PPV? Golden Truth?

Spoiler

Finn Balor and Kenny Omega

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I'd put them in the Rumble match as well.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

SD brought back the Headbangers, can RAW bring back the Headshrinkers?

• Like 2

Undertaker is still the favorite to win the Rumble, according to the oddsmakers.  I just can't see it as it stands.  If Undertaker wins, he would then wrestle KO, Reigns, AJ or Cena at Wrestlemania.  (I'm assuming Undertaker can wrestle any champion he wants)  KO and AJ don't make sense to me and a Cena/Undertaker match for Cena's belt doesn't make sense either.  So that leaves Reigns and I'm sure they don't want Reigns boo'ed at another Wrestlemania.  So what's the most likely scenario for an Undertaker win?  A title change at Fastlane/EC?  My crazy theory is that some combination of Goldberg/Lesnar screws the Undertaker and we get a triple threat match at WM.  As shitty as that match will be, it will be a spectacle.

On 1/16/2017 at 9:28 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Head Cheese too.

Man, I wish. Head Cheese was terrific.

I was thinking about 2000 WWF recently, and that year was probably the peak of my fandom. It's an interesting contrast how deep the tag team division was in the first half of that year, compared to basically any time in WWF/WWE since. Every combination also made some sense, which is badly lacking now. You had: 

- E & C
- Dudley Boyz
- Hardyz
- APA
- T&A
- The Holly Cousins
- Head Cheese
- Road Dogg & X-Pac
- Too Cool
- Combinations of The Radicalz (someone loved the letter Z back then)
- Bossman and Bull Buchanan 

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Because you can trademark generic wordz if you spell them funny

Why do all modern bands mis-spell their names? Because of the internet. If Chvrches had formed ten years earlier, they'd have been called Churches. I think Linkin Park started that (Limp Bizkit don't count because that's just down to Fred being too stupid to spell Biscuit.properly).