DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

100% that's fake.  No bookie is gonna let you put 35k on a pro wrestling match.  Talking of odds, 250/1 on a McMahon to win sounds juicy.

Btw, has there been a RR where the champion has entered?

Last year, Roman Reigns was the champ and he was forced to enter at No. 1 and defend the belt throughout the entire Rumble.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

100% that's fake.  No bookie is gonna let you put 35k on a pro wrestling match.  Talking of odds, 250/1 on a McMahon to win sounds juicy.

Btw, has there been a RR where the champion has entered?

Just last year when Roman Reigns was entered as Champ in the #1 spot to defend his title in the Rumble match

In the past, those who were involved in the World Title match at the Rumble were not in the Rumble itself. However, those in other title matches - such as IC, US, or Tag - have often appeared in the Rumble itself later in the show.

That doesn't mean that this year one of them won't appear in the Rumble if they lose their title match, as WWE will change the rules as their script sees fit, but I would not expect any of those four in the Rumble match itself.

EDIT: One thing I've always kind of wanted to see was everybody getting eliminated before or right as the #30 guy got to the ring, so #30 automatically wins without doing anything at all. #30 would have to be a cocky heel, somebody like The Miz. He could then brag for weeks about how he beat 29 other guys to earn his spot at the Rumble and he deserves this and blah blah etc. He could either ride that wave to Mania, or lose it in a match or something before Mania. I just always thought that would be an interesting way for somebody to win the whole thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

One thing I've always kind of wanted to see was everybody getting eliminated before or right as the #30 guy got to the ring, so #30 automatically wins without doing anything at all. 

Purely for my own fascination, the year Bryan didn't win and Reigns won the thing would have been the most amazing time for that scenario to occur. 

Also: I recall Dolph Ziggler losing his world title match at the Royal Rumble (the one where Vicki was barred from ringside) only to come out later for the Rumble match itself.

I'd be all for losing superstars of world title matches to enter the Rumble later in the night.

The "#30 wins without doing anything" is a fun finish idea but not something you'd ever want to actually do unless you want the fans losing their shit, and not for the intended reason.  The event's too big to pull something like that off, especially now - the backlash they'd get would far outweigh the benefits.

I mean, I'm sure there's ways to do it and NOT turn off the crowd completely.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Adam said:

Also: I recall Dolph Ziggler losing his world title match at the Royal Rumble (the one where Vicki was barred from ringside) only to come out later for the Rumble match itself.

Unless it was done twice - this was 2011. And that made sense because it was the fucking 40 man Rumble.

Just for the record - Vicki was there at ringside, she just got knocked out when Kelly Kelly attacked her. Edge was banned from doing the spear.

I literally just watched this match today since Dolfan is making me review this PPV

Fucking Dolfan

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

The "#30 wins without doing anything" is a fun finish idea but not something you'd ever want to actually do unless you want the fans losing their shit, and not for the intended reason.  The event's too big to pull something like that off, especially now - the backlash they'd get would far outweigh the benefits.

I think it would work if it was someone like the Miz or Ellsworth- and they get the shit kicked out of them by the two who double KOed themselves before he comes in.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Unless it was done twice - this was 2011. And that made sense because it was the fucking 40 man Rumble.

Just for the record - Vicki was there at ringside, she just got knocked out when Kelly Kelly attacked her. Edge was banned from doing the spear.

I literally just watched this match today since Dolfan is making me review this PPV

Fucking Dolfan

I have to suffer through this playoff game.  You will suffer too. 

42 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

If that ever happened I imagine an authority figure would come out with a 31st entrant for a sudden death scenario. You could do it without the crowd turning too. Have Miz win and start cutting a promo, Bryan comes out and intros Joe or Nakamura or whoever, and a quick final match starts.

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Imagine if they had done this the year Vince won the Rumble. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fucking Dolfan

Ziggler also did it in 2012 as well, losing WWE title match against Punk then came back out in the Rumble after. In 2011, Orton was in too after losing to Miz in the title match earlier.

Yeah, I remember the year before they were making token efforts to treat Lashley as an equal champion to Cena and Batista as if anyone bought that Taker would challenge for the ECW title. In 08, they just openly admitted the ECW title was worthless.

• Like 1

They don't NEED to add the guys in other matches (that isn't saying they won't)

So far officially announced

1) Brock Lesnar

2) Goldberg

3) Big E

4) Kofi Kingston

5) Xavier Woods

6) Braun Strowman

7) Chris Jericho

Just looking at the rosters on WWE.com

8) Big Cass

9) Rusev

10) Big Show

11) R-Truth

12) Golddust

13) Sami Zayn

14) Sin Cara

15) Titus O'Neil

16) Apollo Crews

17) Kane

18) Dolph Ziggler

19) James Ellsworth

20) Heath Slater

21) Rhyno

22) Kalisto

23) Mojo Rawley

So 7 spots left and you have pretty much all the tag teams left (depending on who is and is not in the championship matches), all the cruiserweights (if they put them in), the Miz (working under assumption he is getting rematch against Ambrose), whichever Wyatt doesn't wrestle in a tag match, more scrubs like Bo Dallas and Curt Hawkins and figure 2 spots for surprises (old guys, injury return or NXT)

It can't be all RAW guys and Mojo is a singles now with Ryder crippled

And he makes more sense than Vaudevillians, Spirit Squad or Hawkins.

I mean I was already stretching on the SDL side by including Kane but this is the one match they tend to let him work for record purposes

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

It can't be all RAW guys and Mojo is a singles now with Ryder crippled

And he makes more sense than Vaudevillians, Spirit Squad or Hawkins.

I mean I was already stretching on the SDL side by including Kane but this is the one match they tend to let him work for record purposes

Oh boy.  Hopefully, Mojo come in 8th or so and runs and and gets booted right off the bat.