DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

A Bray re-push means Orton in the main event at WM...Again...With Wyatt losing...Again. Plus, I LIKE Orton with the Wyatts.

Plus, this booking idea is insane. It's surprises me to see so many discount Cena vs Styles not happening at WrestleMania or not even having either guy in the title match and now we're at Bray vs Orton for the title match.

If they're not going to run Cena vs Joe, Styles vs Joe, Cena vs Styles, or Cena vs Styles vs Joe at WrestleMania, then what the fuck are you doing?

Even with the booking for Bray being so bad for so long, I don't think he's a lost cause and he can have good to great singles matches with somebody that can lead the way. Randy is capable and the story they've been telling is really well done. It cheapens the rumble a bit though because there's no fucking way that closes the show. Am I the only one who gets taken out of the mania title challenges when they aren't the main event?

I agree that Randy with Bray is working and i would run with it but that was almost never going to happen long term. Bray losing at Mania... Again sucks but it's a good program and that's an improvement over what he's been getting. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think hammer's point is that Bray winning EC fucks it up for his enjoyment (not the WWE's plans)

Yes and it also continues the tradition of Bray Wyatt "the Wrestlemania jobber".  Cause I seriously doubt Bray would beat Orton for a title.  One of the main reasons he isn't as over is because everyone knows that when the big matches occur he will lose or to make a chump (see last year).

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - in the new WON - Meltzer said Jerry Lawler will be calling the Rumble match so I would say that confirms him doing something with Ziggler during the match

I hope he recreates the spot from '97. When he started a sentence, entered, was thrown out, and finished the sentence afterwards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Kenny Omega said he's currently a free man, but plans to return to NJPW on a one year deal...

...soooooo, is that carny for "Kenny Omega will be debuting at the Royal Rumble"?

"God damn it pal, we can't have three KO's on the roster! The universe will get confused, damn it!"

• Like 4

Styles winning at the Rumble by shenanigans (they've basically redone Rock vs Jericho Rumble 2002 in this feud so far, may as well go all out with it), then beating Cena last in the Chamber after Cena runs through everyone else in there would be a pretty good way to set up a Career vs Title match at Mania.

But realistically, it's either that, or Cena wins in under a minute and Styles is first eliminated in the Chamber by Demon Kane. Very little in between.

I'd love to see a ridiculous three way elimination spot between Goldberg/Lesnar/Undertaker as seemingly the final 3, they're all in the ring arguing, all the whilst, the countdown to #30 starts, Jericho comes out, all he has to do is enter the ring to win, but all 3 guys are pissed and waiting for him. Jericho wins, but eats a spear, F5 and a tombstone to end the show. 

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One solution, let Chris Hero be Chris Hero.

"We'll give him a foot-long gimmick! HAHA goddamnit, pal! Get it!? His name is Hero! We can finally use that 12ft dick gimmick I wanted Kane to have! HAHA!"

• Like 1

Royal Rumble is Sunday! Time for the Royal Rumble Roulette! 
Rules are simple: we draw numbers 1-30 out of a bucket. Whoever comes out with your number, that's your wrestler. Prizes for whoever of our picks goes the farthest, most eliminations, best elimination, whoever gets eliminated first. Grand prize if your guy wins it all. 
We had a lot of fun with it last year so we're looking forward to it this year, especially with the Rumble being so wide open this year.

Anyone else do something like this?

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Royal Rumble is Sunday! Time for the Royal Rumble Roulette! 
Rules are simple: we draw numbers 1-30 out of a bucket. Whoever comes out with your number, that's your wrestler. Prizes for whoever of our picks goes the farthest, most eliminations, best elimination, whoever gets eliminated first. Grand prize if your guy wins it all. 
We had a lot of fun with it last year so we're looking forward to it this year, especially with the Rumble being so wide open this year.

Anyone else do something like this?

We don't necessarily do prizes, but we do it every year for bragging rights.  I love doing these so I'm certainly down for a thread doing this.