DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

Someone on Reddit suggested that Sami Zayn should win the RR, and go on to to face either KO or Roman at WM. Honestly, I love the idea of mega-underdog Zayn vs Reigns for the Universal championship. The crowd heat on Reigns would be more off the charts than usual. 

• Like 2

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya is announced as being on the main card.

I don't know who is going to win but I'd predict poor Becky is going to get turned by someone on and left laying.

22 people announced for the rumble, 13 Raw, 8 Smackdown plus Taker as the wildcard.

As American Alpha were coming up through the ranks in NXT I thought you'd have to actively try not to make these guys the next big thing.  It looks like they're doing exactly that - no match, not even announced for the rumble.

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe, as many people fantasy booked, they will repackaged with Angle.

It makes too much sense for WWE to have Angle as the coach for Alpha. 

I hope they end up being in the Rumble. Speaking of which, why are the Uso's not in the Rumble? They were lumberjacks in the Ambrose/Miz match. Is one of them injured again?

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/injury-update-finn-balor-nikki-bella-impersonates-aj-styles-video

PWInsider reports that Finn Balor, who has been out of action after suffering a shoulder injury last August, will be undergoing medical testing this week that could clear him to return to the ring.

I'm still holding out hope that Balor could maybe, not likely, but possibly show up as a surprise entrant and win facing Owens at Mania for "his" title. I'm going to hold out optimistic hope for this maybe happening until it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/injury-update-finn-balor-nikki-bella-impersonates-aj-styles-video

I'm still holding out hope that Balor could maybe, not likely, but possibly show up as a surprise entrant and win facing Owens at Mania for "his" title. I'm going to hold out optimistic hope for this maybe happening until it doesn't happen.

This scenario interests me less then any other situation I can think of. Then again, I think Finn Balor is pretty shitty.

• Like 1

Give Balor the late entrant at like 28 and only have to work ten minutes or so. I don't know I think there's money in a Owens vs Balor title match at Mania. Balor thristing the title he never lost writes itself.  Owens and Jericho implode on a Raw, Jericho can loose the US title to Cass (and you do Cass vs Rusev US Title at Mania) later on that Raw due to Owens. bringing us to the to Owens vs Jericho payoff at Fastlane. Jericho disappears after that PPV. Only to run in during the Balor vs Owens match at Mania hitting Owens with the belt when the refs down leading to Balor hitting the Coup De Grace and getting the Pin. Jericho goes off to tour with Fozzy and Balor and Owens feud over the title throughout the spring and you can continue the Owens vs Jericho feud when Jericho returns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

They wouldn't have Angle as a surprise entrant and have him go on to face AJ Styles....would they?

Angle vs. Styles in Orlando at Mania? Do you want to make Dixie Carter cry?

Trade The Club for The Usos during February sweeps., run AJ, Gallows and Anderson vs. Angle and American Alpha. One of those teams develops a triple team finisher they call the NOmega, just for kicks.

• Like 6

Man I really hope the recent odds on the Rumble winner is crap.  I mean he has a great year but no way with all of these guys in the Rumble that Orton should be the winner.  although it does slap in the face of Meltzer's idea of Wyatt vs Orton unless they are really planning on fucking up the Elimination chamber match

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd like to see a Survivor Series team comprised of Angle, American Alpha, and Swagger. 

Since Angle probably won't get cleared, have him bring back Team Angle with Swagger and Shelton (he's still going to come back once his injury heals right?) to feud with AA.  Have him say AA aren't real olympians or aren't legit enough or something like that.  They could eventually join forces for Survivor Series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - in the new WON - Meltzer said Jerry Lawler will be calling the Rumble match so I would say that confirms him doing something with Ziggler during the match

Motherfucker. I'll have to watch with the volume low.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Man I really hope the recent odds on the Rumble winner is crap.  I mean he has a great year but no way with all of these guys in the Rumble that Orton should be the winner.  although it does slap in the face of Meltzer's idea of Wyatt vs Orton unless they are really planning on fucking up the Elimination chamber match

Not really,  In the newest update, Meltzer said one of the ideas under consideration is Orton winning the Rumble, and Bray winning the title in the Elimination Chamber