DVDVR Message Board

Raw is At Least You Tried - 1/2/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The only real problem with the Bayley storyline is that it assumes most of the WWE fans don't watch NXT.  We have seen her already play the "little girl who doesn't really deserve be on the roster" progression against the same people.   This might have worked on Smackdown when you had people like Nikki Bella or Naomi or even Natalya but when almost all of RAW are the same NXT people it seems weird

Also tired of the Corey Graves constant queen references like a bargain store JBL when talking about Booker T

For every 60 minutes of TV time, count on 16-17 minutes of commercials.  So an episode of RAW will have about 50 minutes taken off the top for ads.  Take 20 minutes off for the opening promo, another 20 for other promos/backstage skits, however much for entrances/off-match commentary and really, we're probably getting as much wrestling as we can with this model. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

You know things are bad when you begin to ask yourself, "How long is it again before Finn Balor returns to action?"

Seth seriously needs to head to Smackdown. Sami needs to head to Smackdown. Rusev needs to head to Smackdown. The Club needs to go to Smackdown.

Let this be Reigns, Owens, Ambrose,  and Finn Balor show. AJ is having the most entertaining WWE title run match quality wise and I really do not want him to lose the title in Mania nor leave Smackdown for this hot garbage.

Like Raw can have Dolph Ziggler and Ambrose.

Smackdown needs the CW division or the CW division needs it. Smackdown needs faces.

And are they seriously pushing John Cena vs Taker and Reigns vs Goldberg as the main event headlines?

I swear Vince keeps regressing in this nostalgia hole to draw. It is mad fucking annoying.

If WrestleMania is going to be 4.5 hours again the Triple H and Seth Rollins match might be the perfect time to do some grilling. I'm not trying to be funny, I have zero interest in that right now and most other things I'll be invested in. Might as well do sausages and dogs

• Like 4

I'm still so in love with this Jericho run that I don't really care what else they put on. I even watched the Roman Reigns match. I was almost scared Jericho would win because it would have meant for sure that Roman is going over at the Rumble, though.

Gallagher is everything the Vaudevillains should have been when they got called up.

Honestly, if they could somehow put together a cross-brand Roman/Orton feud that I could fast-forward every week, I'd very much enjoy both shows.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:18 PM, hammerva said:

I haven't watched RAW in last 2 or 3 weeks but man.   I figure that Jinder Mahal believes in reincarnation but unfortunately in a former life he was Test.  not fooling anyone with that body :lol:

While the guy with the sign for a head was funny, a true Kevin Owens show involves a Kane mask and cruisers in shorts giving us DJ Hyde and Zandig stories

Yeah it is funny they have spent months and months making Braun a monster but not so much a monster that he can't be treated like shit for the guys they have spent years and years making a monster

It took a Goldberg/Reigns combo spear. No one should survive that. 

• RIPPA unpinned this topic