DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 2

Jiji

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Ducks' Antoine Vermette got tossed for slashing a ref so clearly he has more discipline coming

He's going to get more games than Nyquist, because he hit a ref, and not a fellow player.

Apparently Detroit just needed better opposition, taking out Washington and Pittsburgh back-to-back. They won yet again in a shootout over Washington. They're unbeaten in those - only team in the league to do that. 

Still in last though. 

It's utterly hilarious there are people in the hockey media saying "no Edmonton, don't go for it now". What in the blue fuck. We lose for 10 straight years are now 3 points (depending how this Ducks game ends) out of the division lead, but yeah, NOW IS NOT THE TIME BE PATIENT.

Fuck that garbage.

Win all the games.

• Like 2

I enjoy that NOW is when everyone is figuring out that the playoff seeding system might not be perfect

Of course - normally I would bitch too but if you go by points - the Rangers would (assuming no upsets) completely avoid the rest of the Metro until the Conference Finals

(They would play Montreal in the first round and Ottawa in the second round - again assuming no upsets)

I am so sick of coaches using challenges that are basically throwing shit against a wall to see if it sticks. The rule should be changed where if you lose a challenge you get a 2 minute penalty for delay of game because that is effectively what you are doing.

• Like 1