DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 2

Jiji

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Oilers comprehensively outplayed, beat Shames anyway because we actually have a real live goalie man.

Johnny Gaudreau's shootout effort was Sedin levels of terribad.

Eat shit Shames.

FTFY. You're welcome.

(For all you old school board members) CAPPY DOWN!!! The funny thing was they decided to do it the day after a 4-0 win. The big question is if he will also be kicked out of Garth Snow's basement where he is currently living?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

(For all you old school board members) CAPPY DOWN!!! The funny thing was they decided to do it the day after a 4-0 win. The big question is if he will also be kicked out of Garth Snow's basement where he is currently living?

Now we just need Snow & Weight gone as well. 

12 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Garth Snow will never leave. He's the NHL's common wart, curable in theory, immovable in practice.

There is a conspiracy theory that before he sold the team Wang secretly signed Garth to a long term DiPietro style deal and that's why he hasn't been fired.

34 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Craig Button is actually hyping that the Jets should go after Ken Hitchcock in the offseason.

Jesus, can the NHL get some new blood already? He won one championship, eighteen years ago.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I do not understand how Craig Button is a guy that gets paid to talk about hockey on TV. 

People knock Sportsnet a lot, and lord knows they have plenty of really awful talking heads, but TSN has some pretty serious dingbats too. The time Button was grading prospects and was selling a guy by rating him 6 out of 5 in HEART AND INTANGIBLES was a real jump the shark moment.

Rumor is that Isles are seeking permission to talk to Gallant. Not the worst idea but I'd rather see them bring in Kevin Dineen because he was a childhood hero and I'd like to see him get another shot.

10 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Craig Button is actually hyping that the Jets should go after Ken Hitchcock in the offseason.

Jesus, can the NHL get some new blood already? He won one championship, eighteen years ago.

Please this is a league that kept recycling Roger Neilson and Mike Keenan again and again

I am know it is just me but it seems like either scoring is way up or goaltending is way down this year (And I am sure the true is somewhere in between)

I guess an 8-7 game followed by a 7-6 game is what raises my eyebrows this year

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am know it is just me but it seems like either scoring is way up or goaltending is way down this year (And I am sure the true is somewhere in between)

I guess an 8-7 game followed by a 7-6 game is what raises my eyebrows this year

Just an anomaly.  20th place in the league in Save% is ... .917.  There are 11 goalies at 2.29 GAA or lower.  The league leader in scoring* (McDavid) is averaging 1.1 points a game.  1992/93, this ain't :)

* - To be fair, Sid is right behind McDavid but in 9 fewer games.  He's sitting at 1.33 pts per game.

Hands up everyone who saw a 4 goal [all even strength] 3rd period from Old Man Marleau coming.

He'll probably actually get to 500 this year now.

[EDIT:  to split hairs i think the "first since Lemieux" is specifically referring to it coming in a 3rd period.  Still, though!]

So slashing a stick without breaking it is now grounds for a penalty shot in the NHL.

The Sharks are kinda good refs, they don't need you giving them free penalty shots.

edit: so the fucking moron refs just called off a game tying goal for the Jets too. Hard to beat the six guys on the ice, and the zebras too.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

Do you guys know of any good hockey podcasts? I'm down to basically MvsW for hockey right now and they barely ever do a show.

Well, you have wysh and lozo's puck soup. And the one lozo does with DGB. 

TSN radio has a weekend show thats podcast also called hockey analytics. 

• Like 1