DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARD

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Much more likely that Brock is going to be out of the league entirely and wearing panty hose over his head robbing supermarkets with other hack washout QB's such as Jared Lorenzen like some scene straight out of Raising Arizona.  He doesn't need the money mind you. It will just be some impulsive act done out of shame and depression.

He won't have to do that... He's already robbed enough people.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, hammerva said:

I really hope the Steelers don't have the same mentality that they did the first time they played them.  If not then we could see a Tebow like upset.  Never mind the fact that they kind of made Ajayi into the star that he is now.  

Considering there's about a 2% chance Tannehill is going to start, they're just going to stack the box and dare Matt Moore to beat them. 

On 1/2/2017 at 0:37 PM, sabremike said:

This makes no sense. What was the NFL supposed to do, be like evil Mr McMahon and change the Pats opponent to a tougher one? I'm no Pats fan but gun to your head do you not think Goodell dreads the thought of handing them the Lombardi in a month?

That would be sweet if Goodell has to put on one of those fake, forced smiles on his face like Rozelle did when he handed the trophy to Al Davis 

4 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Considering there's about a 2% chance Tannehill is going to start, they're just going to stack the box and dare Matt Moore to beat them. 

Isn't that exactly how Tebow beat them?

What I've seen of the Raiders minus Derek Carr vs.  the Raiders w/ Derek Carr does not fill me with confidence (and his absence seems to affect the defense as badly as it does the offense).  I mean, its a mental thing (for the defense anyway) so maybe knowing it's going to be the case all week long will have better results than suddenly being thrust into the situation mid game via injury but that was the case against Denver last week and they were still woeful.

About all Connor Cook is going to do, I'm afraid, is make the trivia question "who was the last starting QB for the Oakland Raiders?" an impossible stumper for people 20 years from now.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, but...

I don't have any expectations for the Raiders against the Texans.

Just hope they show some fire.

The last game against the donks was bad, but they were playing against a team looking for revenge and an eye towards sending their coach out with a win.

May the spirit of Jay Schroeder guide Cook as he runs for his life. (And hold on to the fucking football fer chrissakes!)