DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARD

Dolfan in NYC

Rooting Interests in order out of hatred factor, I don't actually have any hatred for the Lions and would be happy to see them win the Super Bowl if my team doesn't.

Green Bay, Detroit, NYG, Atlanta, KC, Oakland, Houston, Seattle, Miami, Pittsburgh, anyone but Dallas or NE

Rooting interest: Houston, chaos, not Dallas, NotNew England.

as far as Texans go, all I can say is anything can happen. We do in fact have the number one defense even without JJ Watt.

all Brock / Savage have to do is not suck like they are the worst QBs in the universe and there's always a chance.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

CLEARLY THE NFL IS BIASED AGAINST THE PATS! EVERYTHING IS SO UNFAIR!

This makes no sense. What was the NFL supposed to do, be like evil Mr McMahon and change the Pats opponent to a tougher one? I'm no Pats fan but gun to your head do you not think Goodell dreads the thought of handing them the Lombardi in a month?

Given just how good the Giants D is them opening getting more than a TD shocked me. Even if they lose there's a very good chance there isn't much scoring and they cover.

The Packs opening line is clearly due to

1) Hottest Team in NFL

2) Playing at home

3) Already beat Giants once

But it is also because bettors keep betting on Green Bay so Vegas is trying to adjust accordingly

Sorry about your damn luck, Baltimore Ravens.

A few people I actually like on this board are Miami fans, so apologies now when I pray that the Steelers hit the Dolphins like the Japanese tuna fleet.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:02 AM, RIPPA said:

CLEARLY THE NFL IS BIASED AGAINST THE PATS! EVERYTHING IS SO UNFAIR!

I'm a lot more concerned about Snacks Harrison parked in the middle of the Giants defense or Beckham bailing out Eli late than Eli himself. But Rodgers is the real concern. I think there's a lot to Stafford's throwing hand being more jacked up than has been let on. Aside from that, if it ended up being the Lions, I think the recent MNF blowout should be thrown out the window and would be a detriment to the Cowboys psychological edge while the Lions would be playing with house money after having shed the "25-year playoff win drought" monkey off their backs. Of course, the Cowboys' style of just lining up and running the ball down the opposition's throats should make them less susceptible to a letdown than other recent top seeds.

It seems like the Texans are always involved in butt ugly opening round QB matchups. I told you Osweiler wasn't worth a bucket of piss. Oh well, it will be interesting to see how bad Cook looks so that can be coupled with the stench surrounding Hackenburg; all to demonstrate how lucky Jerry was once again to not get his man and instead have to settle for Dak.

Joe Namath had 15 TDs and 17 interceptions and a QB rating of 72.1 and led the Jets to the Super Bowl.

Brock Osweiler has 15 TDs and 17 INTs and a 72.2 QB rating.

That's it. Texans are winning it all and Brock is gonna be in pantyhose commercials.

• Like 2

Much more likely that Brock is going to be out of the league entirely and wearing panty hose over his head robbing supermarkets with other hack washout QB's such as Jared Lorenzen like some scene straight out of Raising Arizona.  He doesn't need the money mind you. It will just be some impulsive act done out of shame and depression.

• Like 1