DVDVR Message Board

2017 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

14 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

TUF 26 is going to determine the first ever UFC women's flyweight champion.

Update: Dana didn't completely walk it back based on Iole's report, but this is not official just yet. However, it is being considered.

What does look official is that Justin Gaethje is now a UFC fighter.

I dunno if it was ever off. Someone messed up and put out the press release too early before they wanted to announce it. Personally, I would have announced it on FX during the 211 prelims.

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I dunno if it was ever off. Someone messed up and put out the press release too early before they wanted to announce it. Personally, I would have announced it on FX during the 211 prelims.

Officially they said they were in talks for the idea but they hadn't made a final decision yet.  Corporate double speak, but the point is they announced it, walked it back and then re-announced it again.

Tim Elliott is replacing Benavidez against Ben Nguyen on the Auckland card.

Doo Hoo Choi's first fight after the Swanson bout is set to be Andre Fili on the UFC 214 card in Anaheim.

Looks like GSP has lost his shot against Bisping for the time being according to MMAJunkie. That right reverts back to Yoel Romero.

I'm guessing Bisping vs. Romero will be on the Anaheim card in basically Bisping's adopted backyard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Looks like GSP has lost his shot against Bisping for the time being according to MMAJunkie. That right reverts back to Yoel Romero.

I'm guessing Bisping vs. Romero will be on the Anaheim card in basically Bisping's adopted backyard.

Bisping be desperate for the win even more than usual to seal the GSP fight.

46 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Aliens.

Hell, it might be since we don't have any other answer. You would at least want to be transparent as to why you were so adamant about coming back and then did a 180 by saying you wouldn't be ready until after October. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't get it. It's such a sudden change in direction without any explanation. I'm bummed, though. I know we should be excited about top ranked fighters challenging for titles, but it's hard to look at Romero and think that he's earned this shot without any banned substances. At the same time, GSP vs Bisping wasn't really blowing me away and there was more interest there for me than there is with Romero vs Bisping.

I think GSP is a pretty good guy. He just does stuff like this, or the fighter's union thing, the alien abduction/brain damage stuff, or constantly teasing his return. If you're injured, say so.

Here's a question and I'm guessing the answer is "yes," but has GSP remained in the testing pool this entire time? I thought that maybe he wanted the extra time to clear his body of whatever junk may have been in it. If he's been in the testing pool then he should theoretically already be clean.

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I don't get it. It's such a sudden change in direction without any explanation. I'm bummed, though. I know we should be excited about top ranked fighters challenging for titles, but it's hard to look at Romero and think that he's earned this shot without any banned substances. At the same time, GSP vs Bisping wasn't really blowing me away and there was more interest there for me than there is with Romero vs Bisping.

I think GSP is a pretty good guy. He just does stuff like this, or the fighter's union thing, the alien abduction/brain damage stuff, or constantly teasing his return. If you're injured, say so.

Here's a question and I'm guessing the answer is "yes," but has GSP remained in the testing pool this entire time? I thought that maybe he wanted the extra time to clear his body of whatever junk may have been in it. If he's been in the testing pool then he should theoretically already be clean.

In the same vain, Romero should be theoretically clean. He doesn't need all the way until fall to be clean, more importantly.