DVDVR Message Board

2017 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

UFC 210 is in Buffalo in April.  No fights announced yet.  Glad to see that they got New York now they are at least going around the state.

Please read the thread before you post stuff. That would be helpful.

Henri Hooft has left Blackzilians. The only thing keeping that team afloat now is Rumble's career. If he decided to join a new gym at any point, that team is basically dead because Glenn Robinson isn't in the best financial shape at the moment.

Anyone heard of a YouTube channel called MMA Sound?   It hosts a lot clips and videos from other related MMA shows.  What sort of gives me pause is that these videos have ads in them, which suggests the user is monetizing them and collecting ad revenue that's not his.  I doubt Joe Rogan would be OK with someone else collecting ad revenue for his videos from his channel.  Could this really be legal?  

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Anyone heard of a YouTube channel called MMA Sound?   It hosts a lot clips and videos from other related MMA shows.  What sort of gives me pause is that these videos have ads in them, which suggests the user is monetizing them and collecting ad revenue that's not his.  I doubt Joe Rogan would be OK with someone else collecting ad revenue for his videos from his channel.  Could this really be legal?  

Usually (in the case(s) I'm familiar with), the person who runs the channel with the original content just needs to inform Youtube and Youtube will take the videos down or in many scenarios shut the channel stealing that content down altogether.

Yeah, this sounds like the end because a lot of those fighters are connected with other fighters. I wonder if Melanson is with Rumble because that's kinda critical for someone about to fight Cormier again.

On 16/01/2017 at 4:19 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

The coaches for TUF 25: Redemption will be Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw.

UFC 210 will be in Buffalo on 4/8.

More likely we get Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw as the next UFC Bantamweight Championship fight now? Think so.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

More likely we get Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw as the next UFC Bantamweight Championship fight now? Think so.

I think this pretty much guarantees it unless there is an injury between now and the taping of the show.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AxB said:

Or between the taping of the show and the finale, like how the Cruz vs Faber season lead to Renan Barao becoming Champion.

Cruz got hurt during the taping though, which is why he was on crutches during filming. Same with Tito during the Liddell/Ortiz season. Cat Zingano, IIRC, got hurt before the taping and got replaced by Tate.

But yeah, that is the expected next bantamweight title fight on the books. They believe the beef between Garbrandt and Dillashaw is interesting enough to justify having them be the coaches so granting Dillashaw the shot as a result is a no brainer. Plus, they can stop Dillashaw from complaining so much. If Cruz believes he lost the Garbrandt fight, no need to rush the rematch.

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Now that is a great fight that could easily go either way. 

It's intriguing that they gave Weidman to Mousasi as Mousasi's last fight on his current deal. The fact that Mousasi can fight in 2 (or 3) weight classes gives him a bit more flexibility in terms of possible FA options.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I think that fight goes one way and it's not in Weidman's direction.

I think it depends on Weidman's desire to wrestle and grapple. People forget this guy almost submitted Andre Galvao in ADCC. Weidman might not be Jacare, but he is still a very good grappler. Someone like Leites, who has great BJJ but was never a stellar wrestler, is going to struggle just getting Mousasi to the ground. If this is a three round fight, I can see Weidman going back to where his advantages are. Mousasi isn't as dangerous off his back if you keep him there.

• Like 2

Plus, I think Weidman is the much stronger man, so it'll be interesting to see how much of the fight is in the clinch and on the ground. If it's just a boxing/kickboxing fight, yeah, Mousasi wins the large majority of the time.