DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL Draft

Gonzo

21 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Raiders picked a guy who's graded as the 34th best CB available in the draft, with an overall grade of 30.  Al Davis' ghost needs to haunt every one of them.

Where are those numbers from Burgundy?  Conley was a top 15-20 overall talent most places before the allegations of sexual assault came out this week, then he got shoved down boards.

1 minute ago, gatling said:

Where are those numbers from Burgundy?  Conley was a top 15-20 overall talent most places before the allegations of sexual assault came out this week, then he got shoved down boards.

Saw them on ESPN.com.  I may have read them wrong, ESPN's website is nearly impossible to read.

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Saw them on ESPN.com.  I may have read them wrong, ESPN's website is nearly impossible to read.

Could be right, if they averaged where McShay and Kiper had him.  McShay took him completely off his top 300 list because of the allegations, Kiper dropped him from #18 to #75 overall.

The Bears mortgaged half their draft (and part of next year's) to move up one spot and get a QB that's nothing special.

Both Detroit and Green Bay passed on Reuben Foster. Detroit passed on him for a guy that plays the same position but is hurt all the time.

Green Bay didn't make any picks at all.

Three teams traded up for quarterbacks, two of them gave up first round picks next year for guys that have never taken an NFL snap.

As a Vikings fan, tonight went just about as well as it could have without my team having a pick of their own.

That's the best first round move Thompson's made in years. They didn't want to take a chance on Watt and no one else they would have taken was drafted, plus they got another high grade pick out of it, beginning of the 4th round. Cook or Lamp I would be fine with. We need both positions.

• Like 1

So Fournette is destined to be a bust. He's gonna get killed behind the Jags O-Line which is so bad even Barry Sanders in his prime wouldn't be able to do much. Oh well the 2018 draft class might have good QBs for the Jags to pass over again because Coughlin/Caldwell can't draft

I can't even say I'm shocked that the FO borked the hell out of the Draft after whiffing on The Joke, Blake, and a DE who can't rush the goddamn passer. Ramsey was such a no-brainer last year that I'm shocked Caldwell got it right for once.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't love the QBs at the top of the draft this year.  I'm more than happy with Thomas and Foster right now

Best first round, IMO. I wanted Cleveland to come trade back in and take Foster, even though we don't necessarily have a heavy need at LB. 

And talk about hosing Chicago to move up for someone SF wasn't going to pick anyway.