DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL Draft

Gonzo

Forgot we had a draft thread

John Ross ran an official 4.22 40 thus breaking Chris Johnson's 40 record of 4.24

EDIT - Of course he appeared to tweak his hammy and won't do anymore drills

• 1 month later...

ESPN announced how they are covering the draft

ESPN will present the 2017 NFL Draft – the company’s 38th consecutive draft telecast – live from the NFL Draft Theatre at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Philadelphia. Round 1 begins Thursday, April 27, at 8 p.m. ET; the first hour will air with limited commercial interruption for the sixth straight year.

Commentators:
ESPN NFL Live host Trey Wingo will host all seven rounds for the first time. He will be joined by Mel Kiper Jr., Jon Gruden and Louis Riddick in Round 1 and Kiper, Riddick and Todd McShay for Rounds 2-7. Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber will also be part of ESPN’s coverage from Philadelphia, while Josina Anderson (Browns) Jeff Darlington (49ers) Britt McHenry (Cardinals), Sal Paolantonio (Jets) and Ed Werder (Saints) will add to the telecast from team sites. Release with more details.

I assume everyone is still doing the "spoiler free" version (ie not showing the players taking phone calls and thus tipping off the announcements). I think they stopped doing that a few years ago due to complaints but it was annoying enough that I am forever scarred by it.

I think the Bills are in a good "spot" this year at 10, as I think they'll have multiple choices of quality players on offense to choose from (either Watson, Davis, or Howard). But I really like the idea of a team that may want a QB and has a favorite (Bears, Texans) trading up to get ahead of Cleveland pick #2 and ARZ to get their QB. 1st Round trade packages are crazy. Course I never assume a trade since there are so many moving parts, but I don't think the Bills will have to reach to get a quality player that could have an impact in 2017 (if they stay healthy of course).

• Like 1

I have no clue with this draft. I could see all three QBs gone by the Texans pick at 25 or all three still there. My gut says the Texans go with Mahomes, I'll only really hate it if we go with Kizer, but my dream scenario is all three QBs are gone and we "settle" for Reuben Foster ILB, Alabama.

LaCanfora says the Browns are "in negotiations with several teams" to move up to get Trubinsky.  

I'm guessing then that Myles Garrett can start shopping for homes in Shaker Heights. 

I tend to only watch the first two rounds live and then just get occasional updates on the rest, but I do think Round 1 has quite a bit of intrigue this year. Generally focused around the QBs of course, since there isn't a clear "Best QB" but still there will probably be three drafted in the 1st Round. Always fun to see where the chips fall, since QBs picked in Round 1 are generally expected to make some type of impact in their first year these days.

The NFL "wanted to do the draft at the Philadelphia Museum of Art" (a/k/a the Rocky Steps).  [EDIT -- The below is a form entrance for the stage, which re-creates the top of the PMA.  The actual top of the PMA is on the other side of the street.]

gz6ctv4d7cir2xsukoyd.jpg

Man I missed the "Carson Wentz is a franchise QB" memo that people on the NFL Network are talking about.  granted compared to Jarred Goff he looks like Tom Brady right now.  

Can watch Goddell get booed out of the building every day.  Although I bet Roger thinks that this is his Kurt Angle "You suck" chant as a term of endearment :lol: