DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

DLAHWLJX0AUjSrF.jpg

With all due respect to the Pittsburgh posters on this board,  what the fuck did Pittsburgh do to deserve Toru Yano in Ring of Honor :o

If it makes you feel any better, Yano(and Ospreay) will be appearing at all 4 stops on the weekend.

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I hope Yano beats Cody for the belt.

I hope... well, anyone in NJ beats Cody for the belt.  Putting the belt on one of the young lions would be an improvement.  Putting the belt on Manabu Nakanishi would be an improvement.  Hell, i'm not picky.  Give Goto a run with the belt.

8 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Taka is Suzuki-gun though, but you knew that.

No joke I did, that's what I meant, Suzuki-Gun.  But still they are bringing in Minoru and KES but no Taka? Taka could bring in the attitude era fans. But in all seriousness Taka back in the states would be cool. There's people on the roster I'd like to see him against. 

9 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I hope Yano beats Cody for the belt.

Yano should go to WWE and beat Brock for the Universal Title in 3 minutes with a low blow. Then he should hold the title for the next 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I caught the tail end of the Honor Rumble, right at the time Glacier entered at the end. Such a sloppy match from that point on.

First, I got a kick out of the idea that it was "20 top ROH guys" fighting for a title shot...and one of them is Glacier? Top ROH talent, is he? And everyone lining up and standing around to take a shot from him is so garbage indy. Lots of sloppy eliminations at the end, too: "oh, my turn...see ya." Ugh.

18 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I caught the tail end of the Honor Rumble, right at the time Glacier entered at the end. Such a sloppy match from that point on.

First, I got a kick out of the idea that it was "20 top ROH guys" fighting for a title shot...and one of them is Glacier? Top ROH talent, is he? And everyone lining up and standing around to take a shot from him is so garbage indy. Lots of sloppy eliminations at the end, too: "oh, my turn...see ya." Ugh.

I was more perplexed at the return of Sal Rinuaro than seeing Glacier.  I know he was with ROH before, but that was just random for the sake of being random.  At least he was better than Glacier but that's not saying much.

49 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Rinuaro showed up last time they were at Center Stage.

I don't remember that for some reason assuming he was on an episode.  If it was a house show then that's probably why I didn't know he did Center Stage.

19 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

^^^It was the TV Taping from Center Stage back in January. He wrestled Mark Briscoe it aired on TV in February.

Yeah, somehow I forgot that.  Oh, well.  As for the Honor Rumble it was overall fine but while I was amused by Glacier coming out it was kind of sad seeing everybody have to bump for the one move/strike he can still apparently do.

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

As cool as Glacier is I feel like their are way better WCW alum that fit the ROH workrate motif they could have used. 

Fair, but I don't have a problem with Glacier as a fun nostolgia spot. Hell I even enjoyed Tatanka's cameo in CZW like 13 years ago (yes that actually happened).

On 9/30/2017 at 6:34 PM, hammerva said:

DLAHWLJX0AUjSrF.jpg

With all due respect to the Pittsburgh posters on this board,  what the fuck did Pittsburgh do to deserve Toru Yano in Ring of Honor :o

I was thinking more "What the fuck did Omega and Yano do to get stuck having to carry that 6 man with the other 4 loads?"