DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

They are going to be in Concord July 29th, maybe Quinn returns on that show.

This could possibly make up for the injustice that has been done.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

I called bullshit after Quinn jobbed, so I really don't know who won the TPT nor do I give a fuck about who won.

It was the guy they telegraphed way too early when he wasn't that impressive in Round 1 but they had both Silas Young and Brutal Bob going on about how great he was.

Personally, I wanted Brian Milonas to win, just so I could hear his ridiculous theme song that kind of sounded like the opening to a 90s sitcom about a hard-working overweight dad who's just a good sarcastic single dad.

32 minutes ago, caley said:

It was the guy they telegraphed way too early when he wasn't that impressive in Round 1 but they had both Silas Young and Brutal Bob going on about how great he was.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I just watched that match, and for a lackluster first round...that match was the worst of the bunch. Skyler/Carr was the only decent opening match, IMO.

EDIT: that episode of TV did have a great Jay White vs. Jay Briscoe match, which is what I was coming to comment on as I just watched it last night at work...

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Web Conn said:

Have him beat Scrull for the TV title.

Scrull will ultimately be defeated by Cheeseburger, but only after his mentoring from Liger goes the to the next level and he gets a full costume. The fingers of the Shotei palm can not be broken when they belong to Cheeseburger Royale.

Speaking of Cheeseburger winning a championship, why not team him with Punishment Martinez and give them a run as Tag Champions. Cheeseburger gets his ass kicked all over the ring, Punishment tags in cleans house and gets the pin. I think they could run with that for a while. I mean it would be nice if the tag division was expanded outside of the Young Bucks.

Wow I get behind on ROH and this thread grows a few pages.

On why Jax Dane didn't sign with ROH,part of it is he doesn't want to travel much. He is a guy if he is 7 hours or less from home he will go home after the show instead of getting a room. Plus he is now working with TNA in the Veterans of War stable/team/whatever.

And yes Tim Storm is still NWA World champ.

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

so the Bucks go from a feud with Addiction and then a feud with the Hardy's to the damn Spirit Squad   <_<

Really weird that they wouldn't just put them in a feud with Coast to Coast or Kingdom (Who faced off on this show) to give one or both of them something to do.  

Spirit Squad's just another example of the "You get a title shot, and you get a title shot, everybody gets a title shot" mentality they've been rolling with for a while. See Scurll and Ospreay's TV title wins for examples.

Could've been the Squad, could've been the Headbangers.

Is it wrong to hope for Demolition?

Flip Gordon impressed me against Matt Sydal this week. First time seeing Gordon, ROH's tale of the tape said he's only been wrestling for two years. pretty impressive for two years. I'd like to see more of Flip in ROH going forward. And as cool as it is to see Sydal back I'm not sure he sticks around after the War of the Worlds PPV. He just did the Impact Tapings but I guess he ould do both. Cody did both in the not so distant past.

They could have Rush and Gordon were both at the April 8th TV tapings. One thing I want to say about Bucks vs Spirit Squad is, as I don't think the match is going to be terrible but the ROh of the old, the ROH we all love would have used this open challenge opportunity to introduce a new team to the company. It would have been a team that was generating buzz on the indies, a current up and coming team on the indies excapes me at the moment but they would have shown up lost to the Bucks in a hard fought 15-20 minute match but then this team would have ascended through the tag ranks in the next couple of months finally beating The Bucks. But with Delirious we get The Spirit Squad in for a two week TV angle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hey ROH could run this match... oh wait...

I was there for that and that was by far the best match of the night.  The rest of the show as good wrestling though the main event was TNA-style overbooked garbage.  Glad they put the clip online.

I haven't seen ROH this week yet, but my main issue with Flip is that he does a bunch of kip ups as one of his trademark spots.  I just find it incredibly annoying and feel everytime he does that somebody should punch him in the mouth.  It's something a heel would do to show off, with Flip as a face it doesn't work.  Other than that I'm cool with him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was there for that and that was by far the best match of the night.  The rest of the show as good wrestling though the main event was TNA-style overbooked garbage.  Glad they put the clip online.

I haven't seen ROH this week yet, but my main issue with Flip is that he does a bunch of kip ups as one of his trademark spots.  I just find it incredibly annoying and feel everytime he does that somebody should punch him in the mouth.  It's something a heel would do to show off, with Flip as a face it doesn't work.  Other than that I'm cool with him.

Yeah he does the kip-ups spot but Sydal does a good job as being unsure of acting like he's trying to hit him/counter it but the whole thing throws him off.

Yeah I didn't really get that kick up spot myself, but he's two years in he's still trying to figure shit out. It gets a decent pop hopefully he figures out that pshycologly rules out cheap/easy pops in the long run. 

Regardless I thought him and Sydal had a fun TV match.

I am so excited for the show on Sunday. And very curious as to how they book "also signed to appear" Scurll, Briscoes, Bully, Evil and Sanada. I'd love to see Bully vs Scurll and Briscoes vs LIJ.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, RIPPA said:

Hey ROH could run this match... oh wait...

A high spot guy whose ring name is Flip.  If that is intentional that is awesome.  if that is unintentional, it is irony.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

A high spot guy whose ring name is Flip.  If that is intentional that is awesome.  if that is unintentional, it is irony.

The guy's entrance is a backflip off the middle rope while taking off his pants.  I'd say it's pretty darn intentional.  Talking to him after the match he seems like a nice enough guy so here's hoping he gets better as time goes on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The guy's entrance is a backflip off the middle rope while taking off his pants.  I'd say it's pretty darn intentional.  Talking to him after the match he seems like a nice enough guy so here's hoping he gets better as time goes on.

Gets better?  I would break my neck trying that so as far as I am concerned, he's already awesome.

• Like 2