DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

The Young Bucks promo (Replete with a "Thanks for stay-ing" chant, never heard that one before!) with the fake Vanguard-1 appearance followed by a Vanguard chant and them superkicking it was pretty amazing stuff this week.

Also, I was pretty excited for a Silas/Beer City Bruiser/Bull James team so that segment was kind of a disappointment for me.

I'm curious who will be the new colour commentator with Nigel leaving, as well as the position of "matchmaker" or if they'll just abandon that role?

Just when you think they've turned a corner, signing Chris Hero and a doing something with cruiserweights, WWE picks up Muscular War Machine and leaves Fat War Machine behind.  LOL never change, Vince.

Seriously, though, good for Ray Rowe.  Check out his appearance on Cabana's podcast from November/December.  The story about his motorcycle wreck was horrifying.  And he had just re-dedicated himself to wrestling and had quit his real-life job that very day.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Just when you think they've turned a corner, signing Chris Hero and a doing something with cruiserweights, WWE picks up Muscular War Machine and leaves Fat War Machine behind.  LOL never change, Vince.

So far they haven't signed either one, unless there was some news today I missed.

I guess Rowe's contract probably runs out sooner than Hanson's and that's why the talk is mostly about Rowe. They have other guys with the same build as Hanson, so I think they would be up to signing both.

Okay, I marked when CD won his qualifying match, but there is no way he should've kicked out of that picture perfect DVD from Briscoe.

I still hate The Kingdom, but that six man tag with Cheezeburger & Friends was pretty good.  I am a sucker for six man lucha style finishes where one poor asshole gets hit by five or six moves at once.

And what Caley said.  Bull James catching a beat down instead of joining Silas and Bruiser to form Team Ultimo Man Boobs was disappointing. 

Kudos to the fan who responded to Silas's question of "Do you know what else you two [James & Bruiser] have in common?" with "They're both fat?"

I cannot wait for the Broken Hardyz to feud with the Bucks of Youth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I cannot wait for the Broken Hardyz to feud with the Bucks of Youth.

The reason I bought Super Card of Honor tickets is I heard talk of the match happening in the show and I want to see it live.

4 minutes ago, caley said:

Considering they haven't even mentioned the Matt Hardy's challenge anywhere on TNA TV, I'd say TNA is not down with the Hardys defending their belts on the show.

I'd make a joke about TNA not being a thing anymore by the time the show rolls around, but that company has refused to accept that it's dead for years now.

Why is it that I am not surprised, nay, expected Yair Rodriguez to beat BJ Penn in no time flat, but it pains me to nausea to watch Jushin Liger job to Jay Lethal in this new tournament?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Why is it that I am not surprised, nay, expected Yair Rodriguez to beat BJ Penn in no time flat, but it pains me to nausea to watch Jushin Liger job to Jay Lethal in this new tournament?

Could it be that the one New Japan stalwart that Delirious chose not to put over was Liger?

• Like 1

Disappointed about Lee/Taylor, but very excited that Dalton Castle is getting a WC shot.  

Also, was it ever explained why Donovan Dijak is now a crowd-pleasing, fellow-babyface-defending good guy?  All of a sudden he's running out to help guys like Lio Rush.  I thought he worked better as smug athletic jock, rather than athletic jock doing flips to please the fans.

Show was worth watching for Lyger (even jobby Lyger), but I have no idea what I saw in that Corino match,  Both guys worked heel (Corino is either doing a brain-washed gimmick, or is otherwise reluctantly allying with Kevin Sullivan), both guys did Dusty tribute spots to get a pop despite working heel, and fans booed Cody when he prevented Corino from stabbling him with Kevin Sullivan's infamous golden spike. Oh, and Cody won clean despite working the match heel.

IDK.  i haven't watched ROH for a few weeks so maybe it makes sense if I'd been watching all along.  I felt like it was a badly booked mess,  Which pretty much sums up my opinion of Delirious as a booker.

Also, whoever told Corino he should wear all white because it'd look slimming,,,, well, they lied.

7 hours ago, caley said:

Disappointed about Lee/Taylor, but very excited that Dalton Castle is getting a WC shot.  

Also, was it ever explained why Donovan Dijak is now a crowd-pleasing, fellow-babyface-defending good guy?  All of a sudden he's running out to help guys like Lio Rush.  I thought he worked better as smug athletic jock, rather than athletic jock doing flips to please the fans.

Dijak turned Babyface sometime in the last few months maybe Final Battle. I'm pretty sure it was around the time when ACH left ROH.

7 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Show was worth watching for Lyger (even jobby Lyger), but I have no idea what I saw in that Corino match,  Both guys worked heel (Corino is either doing a brain-washed gimmick, or is otherwise reluctantly allying with Kevin Sullivan), both guys did Dusty tribute spots to get a pop despite working heel, and fans booed Cody when he prevented Corino from stabbling him with Kevin Sullivan's infamous golden spike. Oh, and Cody won clean despite working the match heel.

IDK.  i haven't watched ROH for a few weeks so maybe it makes sense if I'd been watching all along.  I felt like it was a badly booked mess,  Which pretty much sums up my opinion of Delirious as a booker.

It didn't.  Randomly, last week (or sometime recently) in the midst of one of those babbling Whitmer/Sullivan promos, someone said "a brother must be sacrificed" and suddenly this week, Kevin Kelly leaped to the rather complicated conclusion that it means 'Steve Corino is that brother' because...he walked out with them this week. Also, Corino was coming after Cody because Corino really liked Dusty/felt his match with Dusty made him (At least Kelly said something to that effect on commentary) so it would make sense that he'd come after Dusty's son who has his named tattooed across his heart and speaks glowingly about his father all the time...wait...no it doesn't.  All of that aside, I enjoyed Cody's promo ("If I told you I wrestled in Japan would you cheer for me?"), it just felt like it made no sense for Corino to come out and challenge him.  It would have made so much more sense for a young ROH guy like Joey Daddiego, Will Ferrara or that other young flippy guy whose name I forget had come out and said something like "ROH is all about honor" then had Cody slap him around for a couple minutes.

10 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Dijak turned Babyface sometime in the last few months maybe Final Battle. I'm pretty sure it was around the time when ACH left ROH.

Wait...ACH left ROH?!  I missed that.

Also, has it been mentioned anywhere on ROH TV (I tend to fast-forward a lot of intros and promos) that Adam Cole won the title at WK? Because it has been almost two weeks since that happened.

Just now, caley said:

Wait...ACH left ROH?!  I missed that.

Also, has it been mentioned anywhere on ROH TV (I tend to fast-forward a lot of intros and promos) that Adam Cole won the title at WK? Because it has been almost two weeks since that happened.

Yeah ACH left in December he worked WK 11. The TV that is still airing was taped before WK not sure if they mentioned it this week since my local stations ran the Liger/Lethal episode again. I think the TV title match is the last match of the tapings before WK but I know they taped 4 weeks of TV this weekend.

• Like 1