DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Marty Scrull is defending his TV title agasinst Adam Cole at Supercard of Honor. Frankie Kazarian just won a shot at the TV Title at the Anniverasy show. Shouldn't Kazarian being facing Skrull at SCOH? Maybe he gets the shot at the TV tapings the next week.

ROH gets more than 1 thread this month, but only because it's WWE involved.

When are the finals for the Top Prospect tourney scheduled for, the taping after Supercard of Honor?

Theres already 8 matches announced on the show and the Top Prospect finals insn't one of them but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't add it to the show before April 1st. I think It might be a little too much. the card is stacked right now.

I think last year the tourney was spread out over 3 sets of TV tapings, not sure if the semi finals have been recorded yet.

Supercard looks solid, maybe they finally put the big belt on Castle.

I think the Semi matches were at the Hammerstein earlier this month. Maybe the finals will be at the Baltimore TV tapings a week after SuperCard.

I'm going to be in attendance at SuperCard. I hope they put the title on Castle. The Daniels story arc was cool abs I'm glad he won the title at the 15th Anniversary Show. But a Castle run right now would be awesome. They call always put the Title back on Daniels down the road and make the 2nd reign the lengthy one.

Daniels doesn't need a long run. It was all about him winning that one match. Castle winning it and keeping it until at least Final Battle, with defenses over Colt Cabana and Silas Young along the way, would be great.

• Like 1

Been a while since I saw the Hardys in a regular tag match. ROH did well with that double main event.

You know how some crowd chants are dreadful but some are alright? Telling Castle's Boys to "Fan Up" is still amusing.

Hardys vs. Briscos was a solid scrap. 

Good on Matt for getting that extra Cortisone injection before entering the ring so that he wasn't completely immobile after the first five minutes of the match.

I didn't hate the Hardys-Briscoes, but it did remind me why I didn't vote for the Hardys in March Madness.

And how is it possible Jeff moves around the ring better than Matt?  Jeff should be held together with string and crazy glue at this point.

The string and crazy glue means Jeff is sort of fixed up, whereas Matt is so Broken he has a trademark?

It's That Owl, weighing heavier on the heart and mind of Matt than it is Jeff, that is slowing him down.

Ok really, Matt's just more tired from chasing after a 1 year old at the compound every day.

~~~

Meanwhile, who should win the Top Prospect tourney, and why?

It's kinda fascinating who many times ROH has had a guy go out in the first round, only to heavily use them later: Dalton Castle in 2015, Cheeseburger in 2014, Adam Page and ACH in 2013, and future World Champion Adam Cole in 2011.