DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

On 12/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Good God Cody's rich dick gimmick is beautiful.

Well it just got more rich dick.  Can't tell if he is trying to be like Dusty, Dustin,  or like Flair

At least they got the finish right and Castle is the champion.  For how long who knows.  Remember the ROH world title changed hands once and flipped back in one month.  I guess we will see if Dalton Castle is working the Dome show to get worried

DRJGP4nVAAAP0gJ.jpg

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lethal/Villain was a hell of a match.

I think they absolutely needed to put the belt on Castle. Great decision. And if it doesn't work out, Cody is still right there.

Plus it shows Cody isn't a mark putting himself over at the cost of the logical finish. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The only way it could've been better is if BC interfered and someone wheeled that box out and The Boys popped out of it for the save.

Oh that would've been awesome.

But they did lay out the show well enough to explain why most of BC weren't coming to help, having been just beat down.

Still, I did not expect Jay and Marty to be match of the night, but they delivered.

Got cha. That's why I was confused, the crowd was booing the attack. Scorpio Sky and The Addiction feuding with the Young Bucks and Page should be cool. Wonder if BC drops the belts at the Anniversary show or not? 

Also I reviewed Final Battle on the podcast this week

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well I guess we are going to get some kind of MMA angle in Ring Of Honor based on how Twitter is reacting is seeing a 30 second gif of the Young Bucks flippy and fake double drop kick spots.  Lots of UFC guys going all Cornette right now

Ugh. Jim Cornette doing his shtick is bad enough.

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well I guess we are going to get some kind of MMA angle in Ring Of Honor based on how Twitter is reacting is seeing a 30 second gif of the Young Bucks flippy and fake double drop kick spots.  Lots of UFC guys going all Cornette right now

If they bring in Tom Lawler to be the MMA guy and not just use Josh Woods i’d be all for it.

Holy fuck, what a brilliantly booked title match! 

I'm really happy for Dalton and kudos to Cody for donning the familial bleached blonde locks and going with the full-on Rhodes look for the new incarnation of his American Nightmare gimmick.

Hopefully the ROH book will continue to use Bullet Club heat to help make Dalton's title reign a success.

I am also thrilled to see a title around the waist of Silas Young aka the best douchebag heel in the industry today.

Rhett Titus is totally out of place running with that Dawgs gimmick.

20 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anybody got the piledriver count from last night's TV main event? 

My friend noted that piledrivers are the worst protected moves in ROH but until last night, no one seemed to be able to kick out of the Cross-Rhodes or the Bang-A-Rang.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic