DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

12 minutes ago, nate said:

I remember there being a lot of hope for a Sho'Nuff cameo.

We got it at Best in the World 2006. Jimmy Rave vs. Jimmy Yang. Basketball City in Manhattan was another really good venue for wrestling.

On Monday, October 02, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Web Conn said:

I don't either Glacier is cool as fuck. I'm just saying there's others who fit in better with ROH.

I see what you did there!

Show this week was dull.

Watching the face announcer cheer for a heel run-in during a main event was really weird (Riccaboni getting all excited about Scurll coming down and beating up Daniels).  I mean, I get that it was heel vs. heel, but this would be like Tony Schiavone cheering for Hollywood Hogan because he was fighting someone from the Dungeon of Doom.  I think it was last week, or the week before, when Ian was complaining about Scurll interference.

Also, we're getting really close to a Flip Counter and I'm not happy about it.  I like some of Flip Gordon's moves but it's WAY too much.  I mean, that spot where he walked on his hands away from his opponent than bounced up and down on his hands kicking his feet was one of the dumbest things I've seen where his opponent has to just stand there and watch him do it.  I will give a million dollars for someone to just kick him in the dick the next time he does that.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Web Conn said:

As cool as Glacier is I feel like their are way better WCW alum that fit the ROH workrate motif they could have used. 

I'm good with a Glacier return as long as he still uses the Icepick as a finisher.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Global Wars: Chicago will have... Colt Cabana versus Toru Yano.

That should actually be great. Also, in even bigger news Daryl Takahashi will be making his America debut at Global Wars and will be at all 4 dates of the tour. 

• Like 1

I caught the last half of the show this week. I turned it on at the start of The Bucks and Page defend their 6 Man Titles against Silas, Bruiser and Minoru. Fun match, it was cool to see Page in there with Minoru. Young and Minoru getting into at the end has me excited to see a match between them.

The Tommy Dreamer promo warning Jay Briscoe that Bully Ray isn't to be fucked with and he doesn't know what he's gotten into was really good, I thought. I'm also a bigger Dreamer fan than most here so I might be a little biased. I'm thinking this whole Jay Briscoe heel turn on Bully Ray ends up with The Briscoes vs Dreamer and Bully in a Fight Without Honor at Final Battle in New York.

On Sunday, October 08, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Web Conn said:

I caught the last half of the show this week. I turned it on at the start of The Bucks and Page defend their 6 Man Titles against Silas, Bruiser and Minoru. Fun match, it was cool to see Page in there with Minoru. Young and Minoru getting into at the end has me excited to see a match between them.

The Tommy Dreamer promo warning Jay Briscoe that Bully Ray isn't to be fucked with and he doesn't know what he's gotten into was really good, I thought. I'm also a bigger Dreamer fan than most here so I might be a little biased. I'm thinking this whole Jay Briscoe heel turn on Bully Ray ends up with The Briscoes vs Dreamer and Bully in a Fight Without Honor at Final Battle in New York.

It's still kinda weird when they work concussion problems into kayfabe stories, though.  The part about him having to tell Bully Ray about his mother dying all over again when Bully Ray forgot it due to a concussion was really sad and compelling, but using it to say "Bully Ray is gonna eff you up" is sorta upsetting.  I dunno, maybe it's just me.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, sabremike said:

That should actually be great. Also, in even bigger news Daryl Takahashi will be making his America debut at Global Wars and will be at all 4 dates of the tour. 

Daryl debuted in the US back in July at the G1 Special.