DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Rowe was the one they were going to sign when the WWE suddenly backed off of all the ROH folks.

Not sure if their recent run will change his mind or not though

But one thing to remember - Rowe is engaged (maybe now married) to Crazy Mary Dobson (Sarah Bridges) so it is possible he is 100% committed to the WWE and is just waiting for them to allow him to sign

On 6/25/2017 at 7:13 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think we all wanted Cody to be the next Dusty or Dustin but instead he's simply "okay".  At least that's my issue. 

He's quite dashing though... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pete said:

You jerks gave Daniels a sad.

Hey I didn't cheer for Cody the other night. And I was legit pleased that Daniels booked himself to win the World Title a few months ago.

It was a ROH guy vs. ROH guy match, Delirious didn't mind who lost since Japan wasn't involved.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, mattdangerously said:

Outside of Omega, Bullet Club is low on star power, period.

The Guerillas of Destiny would be hugely over if they would simply beat the shit out of people like proper Samoan heels instead of being ridiculously technical.

How hard is it be the Faces of Fear 2.0?

• Like 5

On 6/30/2017 at 1:19 PM, J.T. said:

The Guerillas of Destiny would be hugely over if they would simply beat the shit out of people like proper Samoan heels instead of being ridiculously technical.

Although they were booked like shit because WCW, being as awesome as Haku/Meng and the Barbarian is a lot to ask.

BTW, I guess because I was a WWF kid first, I never got used to calling Haku Meng. Meng never struck me as an islander name, and it's not. It's a Chinese name.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Who would be the modern Steiners and Harlem Heat that they would lose to in this scenario? 

1 hour ago, zev said:

Who would be the modern Steiners and Harlem Heat that they would lose to in this scenario? 

Well, if they had kept Keith Lee, he and Shane Taylor would be the Harlem Heat in this scenario. Steiners would = Briscoes?

3 minutes ago, BReal said:

Well, if they had kept Keith Lee, he and Shane Taylor would be the Harlem Heat in this scenario. Steiners would = Briscoes?

The modern Steiners get to show up on Smackdown sometimes, American Alpha.

• Like 1

Ok, I just started watching this weeks episode and it starts with a Cody promo that doesn't get started because the lights turn out and Daniels appears. Then they "brawl" complete with Daniels and Cody attacking referees (out to stop the brawl) the announcer doesn't really say anything about Daniels hitting the ref, but chastises Cody for hitting one, then Daniels tries to run the ropes and does an Arabian press. Real inspired "brawling"

5 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Real inspired "brawling"

Could've let the announcer mention that Cody won the title before Cody started on the mic. Or taken a few seconds to show screenshots of the title match finish from the night before.

But the true travesty of the night is that we've now been denied a future match up of Kushida defending against the Beer City Bruiser...because Kenny King's on The Bachelorette.

The Beer City Bruiser should be on The Bachelorette.

As his ring name, The Beer City Bruiser is a pretty lousy name. It would work as a nickname. "The Beer City Bruiser" Matt Winchester sounds a lot better. I just used BCB's real name as an example. It's the same how "The Big Show" Paul Wight sounds better than The Big Show. BCB used to work as Dinty Moore and Dinn T. Moore, so I guess BCB is an upgrade.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Beer City Bruiser should be on The Bachelorette.

As his ring name, The Beer City Bruiser is a pretty lousy name. It would work as a nickname. "The Beer City Bruiser" Matt Winchester sounds a lot better. I just used BCB's real name as an example. It's the same how "The Big Show" Paul Wight sounds better than The Big Show. BCB used to work as Dinty Moore and Dinn T. Moore, so I guess BCB is an upgrade.

I was going to like this post for the first part but then you had to wreck it with the second part. Beer City Bruiser, the wrestler and the name, fucking rule hard! If I ever have a kid I am naming him or her Beer City Bruiser. Or if I get a pet. Yeah, that's more likely.

So on this week's episode (SPOILERS if you haven't seen it), I GET why they had Kenny King win the #1 contendership match and I like Kenny King, but having him win this match was kind of silly.  Right now, King has no character, he's been doing some awesome promos as part of the Rebellion but now that they're gone, the only real hook he has is "He was on the Bachelor and Sarah Silverman liked him".  If they had built this up a bit, he'd be an interesting person to win a #1 contendership for the TV title.  But just winning it the way he did, with no build was pointless.  Plus, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Kushida against the Beer City Bruiser, that would have been a wonderfully entertaining mix of styles.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:49 PM, zev said:

I would make the GOD work the Briscoes a million times a year if only for the Briscoe promos.

I'm not sure i like the Daniels heel turn.  He just turned face early in the year, stayed face just long enough to chase the title for a few months and win it, then turned back heel as soon as he lost the belt.  On the one hand, I feel like it's lazy booking.  On the other hand, it can be explained away as a really cool bit of heel sneakiness.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, nate said:

I think naming a girl Beer City Bruiser is dooming her to a life of being known as ODB.

Good name for a women's roller derby captain. But might be frowned upon at a baptism or communion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm not sure i like the Daniels heel turn.  He just turned face early in the year, stayed face just long enough to chase the title for a few months and win it, then turned back heel as soon as he lost the belt.  On the one hand, I feel like it's lazy booking.  On the other hand, it can be explained away as a really cool bit of heel sneakiness.

I think lazy booking is the only kind of booking Delirious knows.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think lazy booking is the only kind of booking Delirious knows.

Well, lizard men have never been know as industrious sorts....

I am glad Daniels got a run with the title.  He deserved it.  I still feel like Gabe blew it with Daniels back in 2005.  Crowds were nuclear hot for Daniels when he came back to ROH in 2005 during the Summer of Punk.  I think it would have been a huge moment if he had been the one to take the belt off Punk.

I'm guessing they were afraid to put belts on TNA guys for fear TNA would pull start pulling them off shows again.

3 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I am glad Daniels got a run with the title.  He deserved it.  I still feel like Gabe blew it with Daniels back in 2005.  Crowds were nuclear hot for Daniels when he came back to ROH in 2005 during the Summer of Punk.  I think it would have been a huge moment if he had been the one to take the belt off Punk.

I'm guessing they were afraid to put belts on TNA guys for fear TNA would pull start pulling them off shows again.

Daniels beating Punk would have been insane. It would have been up there with Aries beating Joe in memorable ROH moments.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

You've clearly never heard "Spider-man in ... The Invasion of the Dragon-Men!"

"Your fate ... is SEALED!"