DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

22 hours ago, Web Conn said:

He came in for some Texas shows in November for the Survival of the Fittest tournament then they never brought him back.

Did he suck or did Jax have other NWA obligations?

I don't know that. Cage Match says he worked for Ring of Honor on their Texas shows back in February. If I had to guess I'd say that Sinclair being Sinclair doesn't want to fit the bill to fly him out from Texas but the ROH office is impressed with him and uses him when they are in Texas. Or Dane himself has other obligations and can't travel with ROH on a regular basis.

14 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I don't know that. Cage Match says he worked for Ring of Honor on their Texas shows back in February. If I had to guess I'd say that Sinclair being Sinclair doesn't want to fit the bill to fly him out from Texas but the ROH office is impressed with him and uses him when they are in Texas. Or Dane himself has other obligations and can't travel with ROH on a regular basis.

I thought they were Sinclair was serious about Dane.  He put him over fucking Dijak of all people in his debut match and he got all the way to the finals before dropping to Bobby Fish.

I don't know maybe Jax doesn't want to travel. He looks big and imposing I haven't seen him wrestle but ROH needs to start filling out their roster again, with all the people on their way out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I don't know maybe Jax doesn't want to travel. He looks big and imposing I haven't seen him wrestle but ROH needs to start filling out their roster again, with all the people on their way out.

I was reminded of this when I started to watch this week's TV and was met with an opening match of Coleman-Sabin and then RPG Vice-Ferrar/Cheeseburger.  Yeesh!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I've been to live shows.  I hate their fanbase too.

You saying that barricade slappers should be restricted to Walking Dead mobs?

As for Jax Dane, I thought he dropped the NWA title so he could go work for ROH full time.

2 minutes ago, zev said:

As for Jax Dane, I thought he dropped the NWA title so he could go work for ROH full time.

He did.  As far as I know, Tim Storm is still the NWA HW Champ.

• Like 1

Damnit bringing LIJ over is making me consider trying to plan the logistics of a trip to the Dearborn show, there is still standing room tickets available. Hmmmmmmmm it could be my only chance to ever see them live.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, hammerva said:

C9smPynU0AAyPqS.jpg

Not sure what is more :blink:.  The actual match or that Ken Anderson and "masters of the craft" are in the same picture

Is Anderson passing a kidney stone in that picture?

How did ROH go from Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Nigel McGuinness, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, etc. to fucking Ken Anderson?

Maybe this is what it felt like going from the Yankees past glory to the dark days of CBS owning the team.

49 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How did ROH go from Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Nigel McGuinness, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, etc. to fucking Ken Anderson?

I'm....Full Sailing Away....setting a course...for the NXT.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, zev said:

I'm....Full Sailing Away....setting a course...for the NXT.

Even guys that didn't go to WWE, like Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave, Homicide, Rocky Romero, or guys that left and came back like Matt Sydal...

I mean, there's just such a huge gap in quality from the names I rattled off to Ken Fucking Anderson. How much worse can you get? They lose Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, Donovan Dijak, Roderick Strong, ACH, Cedric Alexander, and Lio Rush. They basically handed Jason Kincaid to Gabe. They keep Cheeseburger, J. Diesel, and Will Ferrara? I can't believe Jonathan Gresham signed with them. Was that really his best option? ROH is almost TNA-like in how badly they've become in scouting talent and squandering the talent they do find. It's almost painful for me considering what an ROH die-hard I used to be.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe this is what it felt like going from the Yankees past glory to the dark days of CBS owning the team.

With those veins Anderson is taking classes from Hard Body Jinder.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle... Costanza?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As far as I know it's not more complicated than he's a local guy who's got somewhat of a name. He might even be working cheap if they give tryouts to people from his school.