DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

22 hours ago, caley said:

Quinn was awesome, I can't believe he lost to that skinny guy.

That finish was bullshit, too.  Quinn kills the dude with a spike piledriver, and he sells it for barely 10 seconds.

Quinn was great, though.  Everything he did looked great, except for that brainbuster.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, mattdangerously said:

Hopefully this inspires him to buy better looking gear.  That singlet is bush league. 

If it was good enough for Andre....

Besides, everyone knows he wears the singlet because he's a huge Masked Superstar mark.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

The singlet's fine on its own.  It's the comic book logos randomly sewn on that make him look like an indy wrestler whose mom makes all his gear.

There's a story behind the logos, too. 

I'm surprised he didn't wear the singlet where his initials are stylized in the font for EverQuest since he played that MMO (Iksar Monk) for years.

On 3/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, Technico Support said:

Years ago, someone on PWG commentary (maybe 2010 BOLA??) said, "I understand alpha and omega, but what's the 'battery half full' symbol there for?"

Still unanswered.

To represent CD.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

AH, I see it now.

And knowing is half the battle

GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it's a bad habit.  Or good depending on how you'd feel about a dude randomly doing that.

And I actually liked the bell bottom look though I might be in the minority on that one.

• Like 2

Yeah but they could have added in stills of Daniels winning and like a 20 second promo of Daniels saying he'll be on TV next week to address the fans as Champion. 

Everything is digital now it wouldn't have been hard to edit that in before sending it out to all the markets. I mean they had a week.

• Like 1

Thought that the first hour of what they taped the night after 15th Anniversary would've been shown over this weekend. Didn't realize they had one more week of last month's work to air.

Especially cuz they did it earlier this year when Cole won the title back from KOR, spliced in clips of the match during the previously taped episode.

Spring is kind of the dead-zone for ROH TV, though.  Endless hours of ROH guys getting beat up by NJPW guys while stuff goes on undiscussed in ROH proper because they have endlesss weeks of Honor Rising stuff to show.

Liked Shane Taylor joining The Rebellion but he needs to get some new gear.  Also dislike the homage to Saturn pose the Rebellion does (As referenced by Sabin).

I think The Goods Woods is winning the whole prospect tourney (I haven't looked up any spoilers if this has happened already) with the way Ian, Evans and Young were all putting him over, plus the seldom-used KO finish.

White-Brisco was good.  Surprised how quickly they moved on from Brisco spitting in his face like "Ah, that's just Jay!" when it felt like a real heel moment, important part of the match.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So Kenny King is going to be on the next season of the Bachelorette

Holy fuck, he was a contestant on a dating show back in 2011.

Make a profile on match.com, bro.

Speaking of King, so The Rebellion is now The Nise Nation of Domination?  Is Rhett Titus still in the stable?

I'm still catching up on weekly ROH, but I thought Titus "injured" himself in a 6-man match hence the opening for Taylor.  I can see Rhett coming back saying they left him high and dry and wanting revenge.